Glock Talk banner

New Gen5 19 with FBI sights (photos)

21821 Views 139 Replies 32 Participants Last post by  skyboss_4evr
Finally made it my my local Blue Label dealer and picked up a Gen5 19. Took it home and installed a set of the Ameriglo FBI sights (GL-5517) purchased from Brownells during their $84.95 sale. As you can see from the photos it has the beveled front nose that matches the slide. Hope to shoot it tomorrow and will give a range report once accomplished. Here are some photos:

Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft Airsoft gun
Gun Airsoft Airsoft gun Gadget Trigger
Airsoft Wood Floor Hardwood Airsoft gun
Room Wood Vehicle Floor Hardwood
Wood Table Hardwood
Wood Hardwood Floor
Car Vehicle City car Supermini
Tool accessory Electronic device Knockout punch
21 - 40 of 140 Posts

· Registered
1,811 Posts
View attachment 379551 The actual FBI contract sight package will look exactly like this or they aren’t the FBI sights.
Originally they were called FBI contract and they switched to Agent , the only difference between the 846 and 847 is the width of the front sight

· Registered
1,811 Posts
When I ordered mine direct.
I asked for the model used on the 17 and 19M.
This is what the sold me.
Was told the thicker front sight was for the 26.
Bold sights are the Glock factory version
with a square notch rear. GL-846
You can only get those from Glock now.
Ameriglo no longer sells them.

The FBI / Agent sights are GL851 and
have a U notch rear.

Gen 5 use a GL-5517 and have a .140 front (wide)
.200 is the height. And thin is .125

· Registered
3,171 Posts

· Registered
1,811 Posts
Why does this photo at http://www.vdmsr.com/2016/10/ameriglo-fbi-glock-contract-sights.html show the front sight with the screw going all the way through the sight body

And this one of the GL5517 sight at brownells https://www.brownells.com/handgun-p...nt-night-sight-set-for-glock--prod113320.aspx
not?
You posted that back in August, I'm guessing
pre production sights.

Mine look like the second pic and the screw
for the Agents is half the length of the Glock screw

· Registered
3,171 Posts
From the Ameriglo 2018 catalog

"Modeled after AmeriGlo’s award-winning Federal contract sights, the Agent sight set by AmeriGlo features a 3-dot design with a ProGlo front sight (green tritium/orange outline) and a serrated U-notch rear sight with green tritium and black outlines."

Maybe someone with a 17M or 19M can comment on their front sight. The word "modeled" makes me think the GL5517 is not the actual version used by the FBI.

EDIT: The reason I'm curious is that I've followed Golck's polymer and GNS sight versions since 1990. The full length front sight screw was added for a reason years ago. I've had them all. Pinned, short screw, and long screw.

21 - 40 of 140 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.