Glock Talk banner

New Gen5 19 with FBI sights (photos)

21825 Views 139 Replies 32 Participants Last post by  skyboss_4evr
Finally made it my my local Blue Label dealer and picked up a Gen5 19. Took it home and installed a set of the Ameriglo FBI sights (GL-5517) purchased from Brownells during their $84.95 sale. As you can see from the photos it has the beveled front nose that matches the slide. Hope to shoot it tomorrow and will give a range report once accomplished. Here are some photos:

Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft Airsoft gun
Gun Airsoft Airsoft gun Gadget Trigger
Airsoft Wood Floor Hardwood Airsoft gun
Room Wood Vehicle Floor Hardwood
Wood Table Hardwood
Wood Hardwood Floor
Car Vehicle City car Supermini
Tool accessory Electronic device Knockout punch
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm . . . not sure why they are not appearing (they show up on my computer). Never had a problem before with posting photos but apparently I have screwed something up. Will try again.

· Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
RANGE UPDATE

Well, put 150 rounds of Federal 124 fmj through it this afternoon. As you might expect with a Glock, no problems of any type whatsoever. I used the 3 magazines that came with the weapon, as well as 7 additional gen4 magazines, each loaded with 15 rounds. All worked perfectly. I am going to love this trigger, and accuracy was excellent. I am happy.

· Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I use the MGW angled pusher specifically for Glock. It works perfectly and you get adapters for 42/43, as well as spacers for the 19/23 series vs the 20 series slides. For the front I use the Glock front sight tool. It is magnetized so there is no problem keeping the front sight screw under control.

· Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Yes, I use the blue 242 thread locker loctite. You won't have any problems changing out your sights. The MGW pusher is a high quality tool. Just read the simple instruction on how to use it, as well as you check out any of several youtube videos that are out there. I have probably changed out at least a half dozen set of sights now, no problems with any of them.

· Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Has anybody actually had issues using the angled MGW pusher with these sights? Somebody with real world experience and not just a theory?
Yes. I have a MGW 309 with the angled sides and it works perfectly. Have installed 4 sets of Trijicon HD's and 2 sets of the AmeriGlo Agent sights with no problems and no damage to finish of the sights.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.