Glock Talk banner

New Gen4 G34 with GNS shooting high!

858 Views 11 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Mifune326
Hi Gang,
I just picked up a Gen4 G34 with factory Glock night sights. Love it! It's an awesome weapon. However, it's shooting 8" high at 25 yrds. I've owned many Glocks but never had that problem before! All of mine have pretty much shot POA/POI from the factory. Anyone else had a problem with the GNS shooting high?
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· I'm not retired
8,500 Posts
Just added another 34 bringing the tally to 3. All 3 shot high, but not 8". One was high about 1.5" at 25 and the other two were about 4". These do not have the night sights, though...they are the craptastic, adjustable ones. I was annoyed that it took almost all the elevation adjustment to get the two on the X, but as long as it got there.

Dumb question, but did you check it off a rest? A burr in the wrong place of your ignition parts could pull the muzzle high, and a rest would tell you for sure.

· Registered
373 Posts
I feel as if my shooting is very off after installing trijicon hd night sights, maybe its just me
All apologies if this is hijacking the thread...

I had the same (I think) difficulties with the Trij. HDs early last year. Basically, just put the dot on what you are trying to hit. They are different, and much less precise in terms of accurate pinpoint shooting. If you are wanting your shots to go in the A zone, the HD's will get you there, just not in groups like the traditional 3dot configs do. YMMV.

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback fellas. Hey 1911, I'm just shooting from an icoceles, not off a rest. Dont have this problem with any of my other Glocks. And I'm using the outline of the sights, not the tritium tube dots. I need to check for burrs and for debris on the barrel hood. Spoke to Glock, and they were happy to mail me out a shorter rear sight (they don't make a taller front sight).

· Registered
59,814 Posts
Good to hear Glock had a reasonably simple solution for you.

· Registered
127 Posts
Im glad you found a solution, OP.

All apologies if this is hijacking the thread...

I had the same (I think) difficulties with the Trij. HDs early last year. Basically, just put the dot on what you are trying to hit. They are different, and much less precise in terms of accurate pinpoint shooting. If you are wanting your shots to go in the A zone, the HD's will get you there, just not in groups like the traditional 3dot configs do. YMMV.

You know, Ive tried to just put the dot on the bullseye and it just isnt going there! Ive tried shooting at 6o'clock too incase it was shooting high. Im new to pistols but I didnt think Id be this bad. Missing by up to a foot sometimes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.