close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Gen4 G23

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by skyboss_4evr, Mar 14, 2012.

1. skyboss_4evr

skyboss_4evr

Picked up a Gen4 G23 yesterday and just got back from the range. Results were what I've come to expect from GLOCK over the years.

- 50 rounds Federal HST and 100 rounds WWB. Not a single failure of any kind. Spent casings ejected strongly and consistently several feet to my 4 o'clock.

- This pistol's finish is slightly darker and slicker than the matte gray finish on my Gen4 G19. It very closely resembles that of my older Gen3 pistols.

- It came with the new ejector, dot connector and 0-3-3 RSA.

- The extractor is stamped #2 and fell right out of the slide on initial disassembly.

All she needs now is Meprolight sights (which are on the way) and a trip to Lane at Cold Bore Custom to have the triggerguard relieved.

[​IMG]

Sorry for the fuzzy photo.

2. ZekerMan

ZekerMan ZekerMan

I like it!!! You made a good choice. Enjoy.

3. Made in Austria

Made in Austria

Congrats! I recently purchased the same gun with the glossy finish and all. I am very happy with it so far.

Enjoy your new weapon!

4. skyboss_4evr

skyboss_4evr

Thanks fellas. And congrats to you, Austria! Love my Gen3 G23 so much, I just had to have the Gen4 version, as well.

5. dmjonez

dmjonez

I have an early Gen4 G23. I never really had any issues with it, but I did have the occasional spent brass to the forehead. After reading all the discussion here, I took it down to Smyrna (I live about 10 miles from Glock HQ) a couple of weeks ago, and handed it over to one of their armorers. He reworked the internals with "all the upgrades" (his words). Took about 30 minutes.

I took it to the range today. 250 rounds and all spent brass was up and to the right. It seemed as though it had a slightly shorter trigger pull, and I had tighter groups than I've had before. That's probably just my getting more comfortable with the weapon, but it is what it is.

I think Glock has solved the early Gen4 issues. Even though I never really disliked my G23, I like it better now...

6. bac1023

bac1023

Congrats on the G23.

7. Ga 24

Ga 24

Congrats!!! I just picked up a gen4 G23 and love it. Looking forward to shooting it for a while.

8. MonsterB

MonsterB

Mine has been the same. Dec 2011 date, and its been the best Glock I have owned yet. Myself, I believe in Glock Perfection. I have a great example in my g23. I hope yours is just as good.

9. Glock40man

Glock40man

10. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

Excellent! I'm hoping that it's cousin (G32 Gen4) has the same internals and good results as those reporting good results with G23. I'll also be ordering a G23 barrel for it, too.

Congrats on the new .40!

11. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

12. anewkirk

anewkirk

Congrats! The Meprolight sights did make a nice difference on my G23. So far it has been almost boringly reliable.

13. 1911ES

1911ES

Wise choice on the G23, which is proably one of the (if not the) best model of Gen4's out there ..... :thumbsup:

14. Hognutz

Hognutz

Congrats on the new 23. It will serve you well..Ooh-Rah

15. reniram

reniram

I love affirmation of a gun I own :cool:

16. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

Congrats, the Gen4 G23 is a great weapon, I sure like mine... shoots very well...

17. larson1122

larson1122

18. moedi

moedi

I am kindof in the same boat in that I never really have had any problems with my G23 even though it was one of the earlier dated Gen4s, is this something that you would recommend? I don't live too far from smyrna either (30mins) and wouldn't mind getting them to check it out and upgrade any the problem parts, if nothing more than just for my own piece of mind.

I have never been up there, can you just go on in or was this some sort of special circumstance?

19. Edmo01

Edmo01

Congrats!

I'm wearing my 2 day old Gen4 G23 right now. :cool:

Edmo

20. dmjonez

dmjonez

I drove up unannounced, and the guards at the gate were polite. I parked and checked in with them. They inspected my weapon and directed me to a nearby door, where an armorer was waiting for me. He listened to what I wanted, and left, to return in about 30 minutes. He changed a half dozen parts and had test fired the pistol. He returned it to me with no charge. I'm convinced it shoots better than it did, and ALL the brass ejects to the right now...