close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Gen4 G19

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by RKirk, Jun 13, 2012.

1. RKirk

RKirk

I have the new G19, my first Glock. It is all cleaned, oiled and going shooting in the morning. Range report this Friday. I have ordered a Comp-Tac paddle for the range and need advice for an Belt holster for CCW. Photos and advice will be appreciated,

-- Richard

Attached Files:

2. GLOCK17DB9

GLOCK17DB9

Congrats and good luck!:supergrin:

3. bac1023

bac1023

4. WarEagle 1

WarEagle 1 Taco Tuesday

Congrats on the G19!!

5. JAS104

JAS104 NRA Life Member

Hey Richard. Will upload a photo for you soon. The g4 19 is my primary carry weapon. Absolutely in love with it, congratulations. Don't know much about belt holsters but a lot about IWB (inside the waistband) holsters. Feel free to shoot me a PM.
    -J

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

6. larson1122

larson1122

7. Lowjiber

Lowjiber

Congratulations on the "first Glock". It won't be your last...guaranteed.

The G19 is my favorite all-around firearm. If I could have only one, it would be a G19.

I carry a G26 IWB in a White Hat horsehide/Kydex holster. The Crossbreeds are very nice too. The reason I mention it is that the G19 fits that same holster...the barrel just extends beyond the Kydex. No big deal.

OBW: My G19 is Gen4 and the G26 is Gen3.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  8. Bruce M

Bruce M

Enjoy your new G19.

9. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

Congrats on the new G19! I also use the Comp-Tac holsters, and have their paddle holsters for OWB, and use their MTAC and Infidel holsters for IWB. The MTAC is by far my favorite and preferred holster. The kydex shells are swappable, and you can use the same backing for other pistols, too.

I also use Remora holsters when I don't have clothes with a belt, like sweatpants or running shorts.

From L-R: MTAC, Infidel, Remora

[​IMG]

10. JAS104

JAS104 NRA Life Member

Do you like Paddle better than belt?
    I find it moves a little too much for my liking. The G19 is heavy enough as it is lol

11. Consort

Consort

I am partial to Raven Concealment's Phantom series of holsters. They are modular permitting you to use a standard belt attachment or pancake attachment for owb carry; soft loops are available for iwb carry. IMO the pancake configuration carries and conceals very well.

Another alternative would be the Canute iwb holster or Regulator owb rig manufactured by UBG Holsters. Each holster is custom-fit to your weapon. Great quality. Exotic skins available if you want to make a statement. Nate, the owner and master craftsman, is a USMC veteran, too.

12. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Get the MTAC holster.

13. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

+1 :cool:

14. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

The only thing close to Comp-Tac's belt model OWB I have are Blackhawk Serpa holsters. They tend to roll the top of the belt over on me, even if it's a gun belt.

The Paddle holster is fine with me. I'm just worried about the the muzzle crown getting dinged on something when I use it, that's all. It stays put for me.

15. RKirk

RKirk

Well the Glock is great! I shot this morning with three friends at the Red Castle Gun Club at the John Zink Ranch North of Tulsa. We setup six IDPA targets starting at 15 feet and in a staggered line out to 60 feet. Two rounds in each target, I shoot good scores in reasonable time. I compare the G19 to my BHP and XD-9 pistols. My average time for six targets including the draw and one magazine change was 25 seconds with 8 points off. IDPA scoring is time to shoot plus total minus points divided by two.

We also setup a stand with a standard clay bird hanging from a rope and one swinger IDPA target. When the timer goes off shoot the clay bird 20 feet, then when you hit the clay bird the trigger is pulled on the swinger. So hopefully one to hit the clay bird and two into the swinging IDPA target.

It often takes more than one shot to hit the clay bird. So up goes the time.

I did well enough today to be very happy with my new G19. The sights on my XD-9 are six o'clock hold which makes it difficult to hit a small target like the clay bird. At these distances the Glock shoots to point of aim, I love it. My over all accuracy improved and my times steadily dropped throughout the day.

So I have a new CCW and am Houlster hunting. I have carried IWB and am finding that mode tough for me. I have tried a Don Hume pancake made for my XD-9 The Glock fits but this rig is not right for some reason. It becomes uncomfortable in less than an hour. I try to position the holster at or in front of my hip on the left side. I can take the lefty jokes so fire away.

I love the pistol and am enjoying this forum. Thanks guys and keep the holster suggestions coming .

-- Richard

16. Frank V

Frank V

RKirk

Good going, you are going to like that G19. The 9mm is a joy to shoot & with proper ammo effective.

A holster I really like is the simply Rugged Cuda. My Wife bought me one a year ago & I've put a lot of miles on it. It fits the gun well, doesn't require a safty strap, rides comfortably on the belt. A feature I really like & use a lot are the inside out straps. They allow the holster to be used as a belt holster or IWB holster. www.simplyrugged.com

Check it out, if you decide to get one get the inside out straps. Two holsters in one is a pretty good deal.
    Oh yes Made in the U.S.A.!:eagle:
    Frank

17. Ranger45

Ranger45

Congrats on the Gen4 G19. I carry mine in a Comp-Tac MTAC holster on a 511 leather belt. Hardly know it's there.

18. WarEagle32

WarEagle32

My Gen 4 19 is the best Glock that I have ever owned! Get a Crossbreed Supertuck. All Glock models fit in it just fine. Crossbreed also has a FULL money back guarentee for any reason which is tough to beat. They are hands down the best holsters that I have ever owned!

19. nfrangip

nfrangip

Congrat on the G19! I like the Comp-Tac holsters. I have an MTAC for IWB, and two paddles, one for cc with FBI cant and another for range work and competition.

20. copenhagen2001

copenhagen2001

[​IMG]Contracts on the 19!!! My next one hopefully!!! I'm torn between another 26, as for holster, I like kydex, Swinkster on here makes a excellent holster, but you'll have to decide what works for you and your needs.

HTC EVO 4 using TapaTalk

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012