close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Gen2 Frame from Repair?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by BrewerGeorge, Feb 9, 2012.

1. BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

Just picked up my G22 Gen2 that I'd sent to Smyrna for the firing pin engineering change plus general refurb (and night sights). I didn't have time to examine it fully during lunch, but on first glance it appears that they changed both the slide and the frame. At least all the holster wear seems to be gone from both. (Serial numbers still match.) The slide I can understand, but I didn't think they would still have Gen2 frames hanging around just for repair. All the smoothness of action seems to be gone, too, like it's going to need a new break-in.

Has this happened to anybody else?

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Glock just cleaned up your old frame. The only way they can change a frame is to issue you one with a brand new serial number. That is a Federal law. Gen2 frames have been out of production since early 1998.

3. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

All new internal parts explains the trigger.

4. BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

No kidding? I thought they could restamp one since they were the manufacturer as long as the old one was destroyed. Shows what I know.

Thanks

5. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

No, that is against the law. They can make one with a modified, similar number by adding a "-1" to the serial number, but that would take over 90 days to come special order from Austria, and it would not be a Gen2 frame.

6. BrewerGeorge

BrewerGeorge

After getting home and inspecting it more carefully, I've found several old, familiar dings proving that DannyR is right. Neither the slide nor the frame are new. They surely did clean them up well, though, because they look GREAT. I could wish they'd cleaned the barrel after test-firing, but that's a small quibble.

They also replaced all three of my old mags with the newest, drop-free versions.

I couldn't be happier with this service!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012