Glock 19 New Gen 4 will not cycle with Magtech ammo

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Green Glock Guy, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Green Glock Guy

Green Glock Guy

Back a few years ago I bought some boxes of Magtech Ammo at Cabela's. This was when ammo was hard to find locally and I was returning from a trip in Penn. To be fair to Glock I have had the same issue with this ammo and my Ruger P95. I suspect it may be a break-in/ammo combination. My CZ P01 and HiPoint995 will run the stuff fine. Issue seems to be not enough charge to cycle the slide fully for Glock and Ruger. The Glock was cleaned and lubricated per Glock manual and I even did the .25 cent polish trigger job. I know other may suggest limp wrist but I'm confident this is not the issue. Has anybody else had this issue with Magtech Made in Brazil ammo? 9mm LUGER 7,45g (115gr.) FMC (9A) BM0403 L-598

Chop Suey likes this.
  2. buster55

buster55 Senior Member CLM

Shoot it all the time out of my G-23 / 3rd gen without any problem.
    Use the 180 fmj for practice / range.
    Use the 165 hp for carry sometimes.
    I buy it online from Classic firearms ,don't know if its made in Brazil or not.
    Regards
    Buster55

3. 4 Paws

4 Paws

Can't say that I've ever had issues with it. Run it thru a G34 Gen4 all the time without issue.

4. GP4L

GP4L

I've never had a problem with Magtech 9mm.

Sorry for disagreeing with you, but you are probably limp wristing.

5. Hurryin Hoosier

Hurryin Hoosier

Magtech ammo (which is all made in Brazil, as far as I know) has run fine in everything in which I've used it.

6. OBG17

OBG17

Not here. Use the same as you in 9mm and 230gr in 45ACP without an issue.

7. Mike-M

Mike-M

Do you think it might be helpful if you took the trouble to DESCRIBE EXACTLY what the pistol does when it does "not ... cycle the slide fully"?

You should draw no functional comparisons to the HiPoint 995 **carbine**, nor to metal-framed pistols, all of which have considerably more frame mass than does a Glock. The lighter the frame, the easier it is to "limp wrist", so there is no handgun more subject to exhibiting this condition.

You can prove the grip is the problem by taking the Glock to the range and consciuosly exerting a very firm grip as the highest priority. Or...let an experienced Glock user try it. If the pistol functions properly, your grip is the problem. This is a very common issue when shooting polymer-framed pistols, even among shooters with a lot of experience that happens to all be firing pistols with heavier frames.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  8. Green Glock Guy

Green Glock Guy

I think I might try to capture this failure on video. All I have to do is load a magizine of Magtech. Have no issues with other ammo.

9. TeaDub

TeaDub

Perhaps just put the Magtech on the shelf until you have another 3-5 hundred rounds through the gun? It may loosen up enough to then feed it just fine.

I'm not much help with these feeding problem threads. I've owned about a dozen Glocks (all are currently Gen 4s) and have not had these issues.

Earl Smith and Green Glock Guy like this.
  10. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Cosmopolitan Bias

No problem with mag tech in 34, 19 or 30

11. Green Glock Guy

Green Glock Guy

Thanks for the video I like the MAC and see that he did prove the lighter polymer frames are more prone to limp wristing. If I were an inexperienced shooter or holding the pistol like he demonstrated I would agree with you and work to correct my issues. This is a Magtech issue without a doubt. If the Glock pistols were so prone to limp wristing as to cause misfires from an experienced shooter as myself with good ammo I doubt it would enjoy the legendary status awarded to it.

12. 125K9

125K9

13. Green Glock Guy

Green Glock Guy

So you are saying that taking my Glock apart and rubbing some Mother's polish on some of the parts and making then shinny is the real issue? Interesting

14. newseditor

newseditor fire/rescue104

Had one FTE when I was still under 100 rounds through my G43 and it was a Magtech. However, since then, I've run at least 100 more Magtech rounds through it after using a bunch of Federal, Armscor, Fiocchi, Blazer Brass, Independence and Winchester WB and it worked like a champ during break-in. I think it's been my only hiccup with a G43. And 9mm Magtech works 100% in my Walther P99.

Green Glock Guy likes this.
  15. 125K9

125K9

You wouldn't be the first one, or second, or third.............so on and so forth. The very least you did was void your pistol's warranty.

16. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

Have some others shoot it as well. If it repeats then it's probably the pistol. I HIGHLY doubt a 25 cent trigger job (if done properly) is making your weapon fail. Post videos.

certifiedfunds and happie2shoot like this.
  17. harold63

harold63 I'm not retired

No trouble with 115 gr Magtech in my 34's. It ran fine in the 17's I had, as well...Gen 4 17's.

18. 1texan

1texan Cave Creek Arizona

I wouldn't run that through a lorcin, Not sure why you wouldn't buy American made Winchester.

19. GasHouseGlocker

GasHouseGlocker

I'm through about a half a case of 115 gr 9mm with no problems in my G43 and G26.

20. Cpt.America

Cpt.America