Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my new G29 today after a month in layaway and took it straight to the range. Had some PPU 170 gr. fmj and 25 rounds of PMC Bronze JHP that I started off with, finished with 50 rounds of Blazer Brass 165 gr 40 S&W ammo.

Everything functioned fine through it and quite surprised at how controllable the recoil was even with the shorter grip. I did buy a G20 15 rd magazine with an X-grip but have to say it was pleasant with that and the 10 round flush mags. I am sure if I get a hold of some of the Underwood nuclear loads it will be harder to control but I almost felt like it was softer recoiling than my Gen 4 41 that I acquired recently.

Since getting back into shooting about 4 years ago I have stuck mostly with 9mm. With the recent ammo panic buying I decided to branch out into different calibers to be able to shoot what was available. In my area I can buy 9mm, .40, and .45 with in $2 or $3 of each other for a box of 50. Anywho, very happy with this purchase, just need to score a set of Ameriglo Hackathorn sights for it.

Sorry, no pics yet.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Or if you reload you can get some feisty loads--try 14.5#9/180 cast--that will get your attention.:alex:

·
Banned
548 Posts
I picked up my new G29 today after a month in layaway and took it straight to the range. Had some PPU 170 gr. fmj and 25 rounds of PMC Bronze JHP that I started off with, finished with 50 rounds of Blazer Brass 165 gr 40 S&W ammo.

Everything functioned fine through it and quite surprised at how controllable the recoil was even with the shorter grip. I did buy a G20 15 rd magazine with an X-grip but have to say it was pleasant with that and the 10 round flush mags. I am sure if I get a hold of some of the Underwood nuclear loads it will be harder to control but I almost felt like it was softer recoiling than my Gen 4 41 that I acquired recently.

Since getting back into shooting about 4 years ago I have stuck mostly with 9mm. With the recent ammo panic buying I decided to branch out into different calibers to be able to shoot what was available. In my area I can buy 9mm, .40, and .45 with in $2 or $3 of each other for a box of 50. Anywho, very happy with this purchase, just need to score a set of Ameriglo Hackathorn sights for it.

Sorry, no pics yet.
I’ve got a Gen 3. Deadliest compact on the market

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
I have a Gen 4 also, you will love it.
Congratulations

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went looking for a .40 Gen 4 22 or 23, I have had Gen 3 .40 calibers before and was not thrilled with them. I was just wanting a .40 to have a .40 when I happened upon the 29. I knew from reading on here it would fire the .40 with no modifications so I figured why not be able to shoot both 10mm and .40.

It fit my hand well, the finger grooves on the 19/23 gen 4's seem to cramp my hand. The heavier slide and RSA mitigate the recoil well. I can tell the difference from 9mm of course but pretty easy to control. I can't wait to get a hold of some different loads, I don't reload so limited to what I can find on-line and locally.

I love the way Glocks shoot for me but this one feels kind of special ;)

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did some searching to see if Glock made the +2 extensions for the 29, I have them for my 26 and they work great for extending the grip enough to get my last finger on there. It does not appear that they do, the 15 round Glock 20 mag with the x-grip works fine. I am OCD about aftermarket parts so not sure if I will try the Pearce extensions.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Pearce makes a +2 for 10mm. I have them on my G29 and G20 carry mags. Flawless after about 500-600 rounds.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts