close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

'New' Gen 4 G19 Range reports

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by briang2ad, Jul 28, 2012.

Tags:
  1. briang2ad

briang2ad

Took my May 12 G19 out again for another 200 rounds today. I did 250 about 2 weeks ago. I've been shooting Fed Champion 115 gr (Wally World) and some new Aguila 124 gr. - bought it because I heard it runs better in the Gen 4 spring setup.

No failures of any kind so far. First time out I got some real slide burn/bite. I now have a GF Adapter. No bite - and the sights seem to line up a bit easier - recoil MAY be a bit more direct also.

Ejection - none to the head. With the 115 gr, I do get an occasional case over the head to the rear - well to the rear. With the 124 gr, which has noticeably more recoil, it is all to the 5 O'Clock position and thrown fairly far.

I have now run the ejection experiment with no mag. 115gr will often stovepipe when ejecting with no mag. The 124 gr ejects normally. It is amazing how much the mag makes a difference with the 115 gr.

I do believe that I'll try the Apex extractor when it comes out. I'm not a fan of fixing things that work, but it may improve ejection. I have the new stout ejector.

I had considered the PPQ, and despite all the reports of the Gen 4 problems went with the G19, because I always admired the form factor, weight, and simplicity. I also could get it at LEO prices.

Also, this trigger seems to be breaking in nicely - like my sons Gen 3, with a smooth takeup and nice crisp letoff. not too stout. I still need more time on it because it is way different than my CZs and Hipower. Overall, for a gun with no manual safety, I like it.

I THINK I'll stay with the GFA. While it lengthens the pull, it keeps the gun orientation more 1911ish and keep the hands OR gloves away from the slide in recoil - which would NOT be a good thing.

So far I like my Gen 4. Perfection would be no finger grooves, and a tad more beavertail on the frame rear.

2. bac1023

bac1023

Glad to hear its working well for you

3. GLOCK17DB9

GLOCK17DB9

congrats on your success! enjoy!:wavey:

4. FMF Doc

FMF Doc

I bought a new Gen4 G19 myself the other day. I used to own a Gen3 RTF that I shot all the time, but never carried much (that damn RTF ruined many good shirts!). I have not had a chance to shoot the new one, but am hoping to get to the range tomorrow. The gun feels good in my hand, though the old one felt just fine as well. Hoping that this one shoots at least as good.

5. MikeG36

MikeG36

Congrats!! Sounds like a winner.

6. Glock40man

Glock40man

7. briang2ad

briang2ad

This is my first Glock. I had been a "CZ GUY". CZs now feel like pencils.

This gun will also put 6 rounds into a ragged hole at 12 yards off-hand when I am doing my thing right. The gun feels QUITE accurate mechanically.

I will likely stick to the GFA, as I guess I'm a Glock bite guy. The web of my right hand is fatter than the left! Even racking the slide on my son's 21 SF feels like the slide will get me.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012