close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Gallup poll ... wtf America?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Grabbrass, Jan 23, 2013.

1. OdinIII

OdinIII

The problem I see with some polls is that about the same percentage of the general population would also say that an assault weapon is a machine gun. They don't even know what they are voting for.

If we could just take them to the range and let them shoot a 10/22 and an AR then I think most would have a different opinion.

2. PAGunner

PAGunner

The truth

3. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

:agree: x 10000!

4. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

strange. I wasn't in this poll.....

I think Penn and Teller explain polling great, but I can't post it here cause it has to many eff werds.

5. tnedator

tnedator Lifetime Member

We had crappy turnout in 2012, so don't tell me about Conservative turnout. MANY conservatives didn't turn out, because Romney was no better than Obama, or because Obama wouldn't take our guns.

It's hard to fault moderates/independents that voted for Obama, when so many Republicans/conservatives were too friggin lazy to get off their butts and go vote.

If the moderates don't fear our votes, and we have polling that shows HUGE numbers of Republicans favoring gun control, then that is the kind of thing that might push them to vote for, rather than against, some of these gun control measures.

6. glocking26

glocking26

I took my american flag down November 7 maybe in 3 years and 11 months I put it back up. Sad so sad.

7. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Really? How much more are YOU willing to pay? I'm sure those hospitals would be glad to take a contribution whenever you are ready.

Bottom line is most of those questions on the poll are "other guy" questions. Let's rephrase some of them:

"Are you personally willing to see an increase in taxes to fund 70,000 more police officers?" All of a sudden, the results would DRASTICALLY change.

Stop it with your logic! I wanna FEEEEEEEL GOOOOOOOODDDD!

8. Ironbar

Ironbar

I agree with all except the last three.

9. jrd22

jrd22

The way I see it joining/renewing NRA and GOA, and getting as many others to join as possible is the only thing left that might have a snowballs chance of slowing this stupid, misguided assault on the 2nd A down. It's too late to do much else.

10. Buck_Turgidson

Buck_Turgidson

ANYONE who is too lazy to write their congressional representatives and let them know they do not support further gun controls deserves to lose their 2nd amendment rights. Ruger has made it SIMPLE to do that at http://ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html .

Complacency is inexcusable! As absurd as Feinswine's legislation may be, it has a good chance of passing if you remain silent.

11. Buck_Turgidson

Buck_Turgidson

Unfortunately, a 100% background check system is thinly-disguised gun registration, and with 300 million unregistered guns in circulation, illegal transfers would be unimpeded.

12. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

Not really, what will happen is a black market for weapons, ammunition and magazines. Mexico, strong gun regulation massive gun crime. Go figure. Those people are not buying guns in stores, they get them through a corrupt and quite efficient black market. Same will happen here.

13. jrd22

jrd22

Sign up everyone you know, give the NRA some ammunition to use. Discounted gift memberships/renewals/upgrades here:

https://www.nra-2013.org/

14. Paul53

Paul53 Scream catcher

[​IMG][/quote]

The wording of the questions is slanted! Who's going to say no to increased funding for mental health care? Who would vote against helping schools develop emergency response plans? Who would vote against have more LEO's? The poll is supposed to be neutral. I could rewrite every question to get a negative answer.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  15. Mad Ryan

Mad Ryan

Considering I got to spend my childhood living with an abusive father with schizophrenia who later ended up homeless and dead in a storage unit?

Quite a bit.

But hey... I'm sure spending trillions on useless wars and dropping bombs on brown skinned people at weddings in Pakistan is a much better investment.

Priorities... how do they work?

We're paying the taxes now. Make the jackasses in DC spend the money on nation-building within our borders instead of nation-building nations who hate our guts regardless.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013