close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New gadget...Cuisinart ice cream maker

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by lwt210, Dec 29, 2004.

1. lwt210

lwt210

Got the wife one of these for Christmas and it does a pretty good job. Takes a little over 20 minutes to turn out a bowl of home made ice cream.

Neat little gadget but on the noisy side. Still better than dealing with the rock salt and all of that ice of a conventional home ice cream machine.

2. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

Do you like slushies? Try a can of your favorite such as Cheerwine! Just chill it first or it will never "slush". Yummy! ;f

3. lwt210

lwt210

Nah, we will probably just stick to the ice cream for this thing. Maybe later we will get into the slushies and sorbets and stuff like that.

The basic ice cream recipe was good. It is in the freezer right now waiting on our little party we are having tonight. Me her and the kid are watching Spider Man 2 and pigging out before I have to return to work after being off for the holidays.

Bet the gunbelt and kevlar will be too tight after all of this eating I have done. Too many red velvet cakes, carrot cakes, fudge and other goodies. But sadly no pecan pie this year.

4. Mild Bill

Mild Bill Millennium Member

I recently got the Krups "La Glaciere" and I tried Ice Cream 3-4 times...
    I haven't nailed the smooth ice cream texture yet...
    Flavor has been good... mainly coffee...

I WILL try the slushie thing...
    We like fruity stuff too...

I'll have to Google Cheerwine... Never hoyd of it...

;c

5. lwt210

lwt210

When I lived in South Carolina I heard of Cheerwine but never have tried any of it. Not sure if it is a soft drink or alcholic beverage.

Was kind of hoping that MissKitty would chime in on what it is.

6. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

OMG! You have never heard of Cheerwine? ;P ;P ;P ;P

Gee, I guess it is a regional thing... It is a cherry soda. Really good. Dark, dark red to the point of being almost black. Anything that color has to be good, right? ;f

Here is a link with the history http://www.cheerwine.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=About.History

Following another link on there, it says it is only available in 10 states. Some of those states are only little pockets within the states. Man, are ya'll missing out!

I bet it would be good with some rum, now that you've mentioned it! :cool: