New G30SF ejecting shells in my face

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by coolrodskee, Jan 11, 2010.

1. coolrodskee

coolrodskee

Hello, new Glock owner and first time poster. Went to range and all the shells came straight back to my face. How can this be tweaked to eject to the right.

2. markieboy

markieboy Senior Member

Welcome to GT!

Sounds like you're limp-wristing. That's usually the problem.

3. Hairy

Hairy

I agree

4. alexcc

alexcc

Are you shooting gangsta style like this guy? :rofl:

[​IMG]

5. teh raven

teh raven

definately sounds like limp-wristing.

don't feel bad, i had this same problem (and sometimes still do) with my desert eagle. just have to practice better form. being that i learned how to handle high calibers in a revolver, i naturally had shells hitting my face repeatedly with the desert eagle right after i bought it, and it was very frustrating. with enough practice i stopped having this problem, but on occasion losen up my stance (from lazyness) and might get a shell to the melon every here and there.

6. alwaysshootin

alwaysshootin

If your not limp wristing, which you probally aren't, I'll bet it's limp ammo. If you are a reloader, spice it up. If not, get something from Double Tap. Those will eject about 10 ft off to your right!:cool: Isn't it? Isn't it?

7. remington79

remington79

Mine will occasionally do this to and it's not do to limp wristing. Every now and again I'll get a shell landing on top of my head. I've tried 4 or 5 different brands of ammo. I'm thinking of running a couple hundred more rounds through it first before I do anything. On another thread someone mentioned his G17 did that until it was broke in. If that doesn't work I'm going to change the ejector. I have only had two other pistols shoot brass in my face, a Kimber 45 and an HK USPC in 40. In both cases it was when CCI Blazer with the aluminium casing was used.

8. English

English

Why does no one explain just how limp wristing can cause rounds to come directly backwards rather than back and to the side? Perhaps it is because no one can do so. Perhaps it is that such an explanation does not exist and cannot exist.

English

9. markieboy

markieboy Senior Member

When you limp-wrist a pistol, the top portion of the ejection port will be immediately directed in front of your face after a round is fired.

However, when a pistol is properly griped, the ejector will hit the left side of the spent round. This, with the extractor biting the right side of the round, will cause a right-ward (sp?) spin on the spent round making it eject to the right...rather than in your face.

I think that's how it works, anyway. :dunno:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  10. Sol

Sol

Hi, while it could be limp wristing, it\'s most likely not. I have had the exact same issue with mine, even sending it back to Glock at one point, It\'s a combination of things, the two most likely culprits being the dual recoil spring and the choice of ammo. Mine never failed to eject brass of standard pressure .45 ACP right into my face, everytime, which as you\'ve no doubt discovered really sucks, then when firing +P it would extract and eject perfectly. Best bet, break in the pistol with a steady diet of the heavy +P stuff and loosen up that dual recoil spring. I am positive this is your problem, good luck!

11. Sol

Sol

I doubt that he is limp wristing the pistol, the G30 has a dual recoil spring that is notoriously tight, my G30SF did the same thing until I softened it up with several hundred rounds of 230gr +P.

12. MarcellusT

MarcellusT

Guy a a local gun shop fired off a few rounds from my G32 a while back. Said one of the shells came back and hit him in the face. He asked if that had happened to me, which it hadn't.

He informed me that if it does, I should send it off to the factory for repair ASAP. He didn't say that it was a safety issue, but he was rather adamant about getting it repaired quickly if I experienced that problem, but I'm not sure why.

13. SagKC

SagKC

Had this issue for the first time when shooting my G30 yesterday, with 1 of 100 Blazer aluminum hitting me in the face and 4-5 going over my right shoulder vs. straight to the right like normal. Never had this problem with any ammo or with this G30 before, and shot over 100 Winchester through it 2 weeks ago without a single issue, so seems to be the aluminum Blazers only, and then only a few with issues.

It did seem to occur only during the first couple of mags, so still could have been user error!! :whistling:

14. beforeobamabans

beforeobamabans FYPM

:rofl::rofl:This is hilarious! I can't be me, I'm the expert!!!!

Here's a tip for everyone having this problem. If you are right handed, stand one step to the left of your target so that you are shooting slightly to your right. This will "aim" the ejection port farther to the right and help keep the brass out of your face. Hold on tight and lock those elbows. You won't find a softer shooting .45acp that a Glock.

15. 45reloader

45reloader Live Free

Leave the slide locked open for a few days to loosen up the recoil spring.
    Sorry it took so long for someone to answer your question.
    Also leave the mags fully loaded to relax those springs also if they are an issue.

16. captcurly

captcurly

You should have gone with the G 36. Just kidding guy, like the others said possible limp wristing. Ammo also has an effect on ejecting. Blaser Brass come close to my face so I try not use it. All the best to you.

17. beforeobamabans

beforeobamabans FYPM

This is pure baloney. Loading a spring in constant tension does NOTHING to "relax" it. You must CYCLE a spring (many times BTW) to fatigue it.

18. diode

diode

Interesting thread. I am a left/right handed shooter, never had this problem with any of my Glocks. My current G30 and 26 dump the brass in a 4 ft area to my right rear which makes recovery of the spent rounds very easy. (I reload) Unlike some of the 1911s I have owned, the brass is never dented from ejection and when running drills, I use a metal detector to find the sneaky ones the tuck into the grass.

jb

19. Bobshouse

Bobshouse

Have a friend or two shoot your pistol...see if they have the same problem.

20. blinddog

blinddog

Firm up your grip, take the recoil in your shoulders not your wrists or elbows.