close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New G30 Here!!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Nightrain22, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Nightrain22

Nightrain22

Hey all!! I'm neither new to the forum or new to Glocks. But I did register a new screename. My very first carry pistol was a G23. However, about 3 years ago, I sold it due to financial hardships. Worst mistake I ever made:crying:. I'm back now with a brand new G30SF. I would have posted up two days ago when I bought it, but, the admin of the site took 2 days to activate my account, so I couldn't post until now.

I've been getting into 1911s lately. But many of them are quite heavy and not comfortable to carry. I do carry my Kimber Pro Covert II every day, but I plan on switching it out with the G30.

Anyhow, I'm glad to be back!!:wavey:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  2. AK47Man

AK47Man Expert Marksman

Congrats! My G30 is one of my favorites I own. I carry it CCW all the time in a Don Hume IWB holster. They are awesome guns!

3. randyc74

randyc74 Custom Holster Maker

Congrats on the purchase of your Glock 30. I purchased my Glock 30SF a couple of weeks ago. I switch off carrying the Glock 30 with my
    Glock 23. I had no problems with the Glock 30 after my first range trip and just reloaded more ammo for the next trip.

Randy

4. Nightrain22

Nightrain22

Thanks!! I went to shoot it for the first time yesterday. Had 3:wow: FTFs on second to last round in mag!! NEVER have I had a problem with any previous Glocks. I was shooting Federal 230 FMJs out of it, so i don't know what the deal was. Also the trigger guard rubs the inside of my middle finger next to the middle knuckle a bit. Became a little uncomfortable. But, it's a tool, and will be used as such.:dunno:

5. Babynine

Babynine

I bought my pre-SF G30 new in '06 and it has never even hinted at a problem in 1450rds. However my new G26 I bought this last Aug has jammed twice in only 550rds. Both times on different boxes of Winchester 100rd value packs of 115gr fmj. I am hoping it is just the cheep ammo but there seems to be a lot of threads on possible problems with newer Glocks. I hope your G30 just needs to be broken in.

6. Larry V

Larry V

You will love it. They are a great carry gun

7. adaman04

adaman04

G30 is a fiiiiine little handgun. Love mine.

8. SiGlockBoy

SiGlockBoy

I've been shooting Glocks for quite a few years now and have never had any real issues with any of them. But I will say, that since the dualspring recoil system now used on compacts/subcompacts has been introduced, more and more people complain about feeding/extraction issues. I see the new system as a great advantage as they shoot softer and don't have a punch anymore.

But I do see a stronger system with more resistance than the older single spring versions. Due to that, the old standby ammo like WWB, Rem UMC, Blazer and such tends to be a little anemic in some new guns that are still tight from manufacturing. Once broken in, things get better. When new the springs are tight and need quite a bit of force to fully cycle.

I have just purchased 2 Gl36 guns that caused previous owners trouble. They both own other Glocks with no issues. I will be playing with these over the next few months to try and see what is the cause if any. As I said, I've never had any issues with any Glock I've ever owned or sold.

I still use WWB in my 30 and 30SF with no issues whatsoever. I do stay away from Rem UMC if at all possible due to it's black greasy residue left over all the internals. Has to be the dirtiest ammo I've ever used. WWB tends to be a fine dust that wipes off and cleans very easily.

BTW, as said, the soft bits are cheap and easy to replace in under 20 minutes. Your getting a parts swap, not truly a rebuild. If it then tests OK, they return it. The Barrel, frame and slide need something major to get replaced.

9. Cineski

Cineski

We know what they look like. But we don't know what YOURS looks like! Show us a picture!

10. den888

den888

Congrats !!!

11. beforeobamabans

beforeobamabans FYPM

Congrats. The G30 is a great platform but does need some breaking in to loosen it up a little. What are the first three letters of your serial number and test fire dates? Also, I'm curious if you are having any difficulty inserting a full 10 round mag with the slide closed?

Here's one more little gem for a 1911 owner like you: Always carry your Glock. That way, if you are ever involved in a shooting, the cops will confiscate your $500 service pistol instead of a $2-3,000 pride and joy.

12. bigcat1

bigcat1

Congrats on the G30!

13. whoever

whoever

I'm not the original poster, but I'll bite on this.

NZA, 12/01/2009, yes, have to slam it in when fully loaded, and the top round gets a deep gouge scraped into it when slide is cycled.

Oh yeah, some pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. artcarney

artcarney

I had the same problems plus if the magazine was fully loaded with one in the chamber the gun would fire but not return to battery due to the tightness of the fully loaded magazine.

I carried it with one round short in the magazine.

Now I am happy to report that after always leaving my magazines fully loaded they have loosened up enough so I can fire the gun with one in the chamber and the magazine fully loaded and it functions 100% as expected.

A fully loaded magazine is still tough to insert but I get no more denting on the first round in the mag.

Just hang in there and keep shooting it!

David

P.S. Pictures??

15. beforeobamabans

beforeobamabans FYPM

Whoever: Sorry to hear Glock has done nothing about this on such a newly manufactured gun. You basically have three options: load with slide open; load only nine in a ten round mag; or slam and jam until you rearrange the internals to have a little more operating clearance. I have 1000 rounds through my MTE Jan '09 and it's better but still not 'perfection'.

16. beforeobamabans

beforeobamabans FYPM

You can stretch your magazines 'til you're blue in the face and it won't help your problem because the problem is a lack of clearance for internal parts in the gun. The reason yours got better was because you kept shooting it and it loosened up. Keeping the mags loaded does nothing.

17. robertwh

robertwh

Congratulations! The 30 is one of the several models in the Glock line up I want but don't have. It is a sweetheart of a pistol!

18. Zertek

Zertek

Welcome back and congrats on your new 30 !!!!!

19. greatwun

greatwun Senior Member

Congrats on your new G30

20. mr smithglock

mr smithglock

I also want to get a G30sf.. but im a little worried.