New G30 for ccw

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by leftyglkr13, Feb 15, 2010.

1. leftyglkr13

leftyglkr13

I'm looking for a cc holster for my new G30. I've got a buddy who owns a G36 and carries with a galco sob holster, he sais he tried a multitude of holsters before settling on this one and for all day comfort and concealability it's very tough to beat. I've got an iwb nylon holster but it is uncomfortable rides a little high up and the gun seems to shift around alot. I'm 6'1 230# and a lefty, I cant afford to buy 5 different holsters until I find the right one. It's t-shirt weather for about 7 months where I live, and I'm not going to wear a vest. Any G30 owners out there care to share an opinion on what they carry with?

2. andyo5

andyo5

I have a G30 also and find it is 1/4" wider than my other 45ACP pistols.
    I think an IWB holster for this gun has to be as thin as possible. I have ordered a Lobo Gun Leather IWB holster for it, because it adds only two thin slabs of leather to the width of the gun due to the placement of attachment loops and the absence of a reinforced opening. See attached photo:

3. G-30Jet

G-30Jet

I don't prefer the SOB type holster. It has little to do with comfort, but rather safety.
    If you take a fall on your gun while postiioned near your spine, you may severly damage your spine.

I don't even want to think about trying to recover my gun from under/behind me during a scuffle.

4. SagKC

SagKC

Currently have and use two different IWB clip-on type holsters with my G30. The Hume 715 is thinner and slightly shorter, while the Bianchi 100 Professional has a wider, stronger clip and sweat guard and seems slightly thicker. Both are about the same $$ and have worked well for me.
    YMMV.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  5. Tx-G30

Tx-G30

I use an Mtac for my g30. Though not a perfect fit, the same holster does double duty carrying my g23 and g27.

6. leftyglkr13

leftyglkr13

Yea I just sold a xd45 seemed alot slimmer