close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New G29

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by DMAR, Mar 12, 2012.

1. DMAR

DMAR

Took the plunge and got a new G29, Gen 3. This is my third Glock (also have a Gen 4 G19, and a Gen 3 G26), and I think its my new favorite. It also has the best trigger of the three...

I really wanted some semi auto power, and this thing delivers. I took it to the range today, and it was very accurate with the store bought range ammo that I had. Recoil was actually not bad at all, a real ***** cat (guess you can't say ***** on this forum! :wow::rofl:). This will probably change when I run through some legit self defense ammo, but the range stuff was easy... I ordered some Winchester Silver Tips, and Hornady self defense stuff, so we'll see how that works. I've also got some Lee dies and 1,000 Starline cases ordered, and can't wait to dial in some loads.

I really don't know why more people don't get on the 10mm train. I always hear that ammo is so expensive for the 10mm, but it really was the same price as .45 ACP. Of course, you can always reload, too...

Sorry no pic, but if you've seen one Gen 3 G29, you've seen mine...

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  2. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

Congrats! The only 10mm I've shot was a G20, I loved it

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012

3. Opie 1 Kenopie

Opie 1 Kenopie Regular Guy

My 29SF has taken over as my most carried Glock. It will simply fill all roles, and does it with a punch!

4. Glock Master

Glock Master

5. Case de Callier

Case de Callier

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It looks like this, but different. :whistling:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  6. Glock40man

Glock40man

Congrats on a great pistol.:cool:

7. bac1023

bac1023

8. alwaysshootin

alwaysshootin

Congrats on the G29!

Have you ordered your G20 yet?:whistling:

:supergrin:

9. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

Congrats on the mew 10mm. I picked up a KKM barrel for my G20SF, and will probably never shoot anything through the stock barrel any more. Chamber support is much improved, and will support full power loads.

I like Longshot, 800X, and Blue Dot for loading mine, and use Nosler 135 and Hornady XTP/HAP 180 gr.

10. Ahmid

Ahmid CLM

The 29SF just might be my next purchase. I have a Gen2 G20 and a Delta Elite. Really enjoy shooting the 10mm. Recoil not bad at all....

11. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

Congrats on an excellent choice! You should try some underwood ammo. Full power 10mm ammo for a very good price.

12. DMAR

DMAR

Thanks for the congrats guys, I'm excited about this one... I went out and shot it again today, putting some American Eagle range ammo through it, and it shoots dead-on for me. I'm more accurate with the G29, than my G19 and G26. I really can't wait to start putting some more lively rounds through it. I'm going to order some Underwood ammo; any bullet weight suggestions...? I should also have my reloading gear delivered for this weekend, so I hope to get some loads worked up then...

Beanie-Bean, thanks for the powder suggestions, as I have not dialed that in yet. If you had to chose one, which one would you use? Most of my current pistol calibers are using Bullseye and W-231. For more medium burn powders, I've got Unique, Green Dot, and I also have W-296. I'm good with getting something else, but looking for information on what works best...

BTW, my 'born on date,' according to the spent casing date is 2/23/12 and the finish looks pretty much the same as my Gen 4 G19 (Jan 2011) and Gen 3 G26 (May 2011). I know there's been a lot of talk of the new guns having a more shiny, more black finish now, but my new G29 has the dark grayish/black finish. It may be a little shinier, but really just a little more so... Just an FYI, for those that are hung up on these things. I think it looks great!

Also, all three of my new Glocks have been flawless, zero malfunctions, including with my reloads. Plus, they have all deposited the brass where expected (the 29 really throws them!). Maybe I'm just lucky... :whistling::wavey:

Also, 'Case de Callier,' nice job with those pics; looks great!

13. Case de Callier

Case de Callier

Thank you! :wavey:

I failed to congratulate you on the acquisition of one of the sweetest GLOCKs out there!! HAPPY SHOOTING!!

I'm glad to hear you are shooting it so well.

14. KenMac

KenMac

Congrats on the best pistol I know of! My nephew (a Major in Airborne Rangers) shot my G29 last Saturday and now wants the US Military to change calibers!!!

15. Glock Master

Glock Master

16. larson1122

larson1122

17. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

DMAR,

I prefer Power Pistol for most of my loads, along with Unique, too. You'll find that Longshot will work very well with the .400 projectiles.

I've just recently picked up some AA #7, so I'll see how that goes.

Happy shooting with your new Glock!

18. PrecisionRifleman

PrecisionRifleman

I like Blue dot, but I also like Longshot (haven't tried in my 20sf yet though)

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine