close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New G27, safe to carry chambered?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by thedave8, Mar 15, 2010.

1. thedave8

thedave8

Ok, i have carried conceled for years, been around guns almost all my life....this is my first NEW Glock in prob. 15 years.....and i was surprised in the manual it says to carry w/out a round in the chamber. I understand for novices this is a good idea....but....so safe or not??? BTW, I love how much better this G27 "wears" compared even with my XD9 subcompact!!!! cant wait to try her out!!!!

2. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

It's really whether you have the training and experience to be safe. The gun isn't unsafe.

3. unklechuckles19

unklechuckles19

I carry +1 all the time, haven't killed myself yet.

4. 3rdgen40

3rdgen40 .45 fanatic

OMG...carry a Glock with a round in the chamber ? Are you crazy ? There's no safety on those things ! :shocked:

5. fuzzy03cls

fuzzy03cls

As long as you train that way. Gun is always loaded & keep your finger off the trigger.
    You'll be fine.

6. simmy952

simmy952

+1 everyday. Get yourself a good holster that covers the trigger and guard and a good belt. Practice removing the weapon from the holster without your finger in/on the trigger. I draw mine with my trigger finger along the slide/frame.

7. venenoindy

venenoindy

It is safe, I carry with one in the pipe and would recomend to people that know what they are doing to do so. 1 second may may be a second too long, I recomend to anybody that is going to carry to become very familiar with their weapon and seek some kind of training. safe dry firing and drills help also!!!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  8. Zertek

Zertek

At first don't carry one in the chamber just haul it around for a few weeks till you get comfortable with it, one step at a time......

9. hamster

hamster NRA Life Member

I'm just beginning the whole CCW thing myself. Will be attending the first CCW class tonight. I think for the first few weeks after I get my permit I'll probably be carrying without one in the chamber. Still better than walking around with nothing, but more klutz proof for me initially... till I get comfortable.

10. Sandiesman007

Sandiesman007

I just picked up my 26 on Sat. I believe in one step at a time as well. How do you like the size of the 27? I was not happy with the concealment of the G19 so I dropped down to the 26. I'm happy now!

11. JVO

JVO

Always one in the stove when I carry. I agree with giving it some time and +1,000 on practice drawing the firearm without touching the trigger.

12. JVO

JVO

Good choice :supergrin:

13. Glockin26

Glockin26

I started doing draws without one but then have since chambered a round everytime I go out now.

14. timbob

timbob

The firearm itself is safe with one in the pipe. As others have said, it is up to you to keep it that way.

Every gun-nut should be, first and foremost, an even bigger gun-safety nut.

15. thedave8

thedave8

Size of the 27 is great!!!!! just what i was looking for!!!cant wait to try it out....thanks for all the input, i was just kinda surprised that Glock rec. that you not keep one in the pipe. Like i said, been carrying for a while, always have my xd9 sub , sig, and even my G20 badboy chambered, just wanted the re assurance that its 100% safe, as long as no one pulls trigger..is GTG. I can see the 27 could be hard to rack if hands were sweaty/slippery, so it will be ready to rock with one in the pipe! BTW, this site is the best!

16. thedave8

thedave8

thats a perfect way of puting it!!!!!

17. DEADLYACCURATE

DEADLYACCURATE Senior Member

:supergrin:

18. DrtyHarry

DrtyHarry

Unless you plan on throwing your Glock at the BG, carry it with one in the chamber. The only thing you really have to worry about is securing it in a holster that completely covers the trigger.

When/if the SHTF, you really don't want to worry about having to rack the slide and chamber a round. You could have emptied your entire mag on the BG by the time it takes you to do so. If you are still uncomfy carrying it with one chambered, get a revolver with a NY trigger. Good luck!

DH

19. MoJo33

MoJo33

Lawyers, that is why the manuel says what it says.

20. voyager4520

voyager4520

The manual says that because it's a liability issue. The gun will be as safe as you are with it. Keep the trigger guard covered by a holster.