Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the way to the range in Springfield, Oh today I ran by the gun show at Harah Arena in Dayton. You'd think they were having a two-for-one sale. The show opened at 9am. I got there at 10am and still stood in line for 30 minutes before I got inside. It does my old heart good to see so many people shopping but it also makes me wonder if it was some type of reaction to the shootings in Arizona and an underlying fear that the government is going to react as usual with a fresh round of anti-gun legislation. (Remember Brady?) I attended the gun show in Wilmington last weekend and it was nearly as packed.

OK...on to the range report. I picked up the 27 at the Wilmington show last weekend and this is just the first chance I have had to get to the range. I had stepped away from Glocks for over ten years and have carried nearly everything else over that time. Man...am I glad I came back. I had a blast today!

I had a couple of boxes of .40 in my ammo stash and picked up some more today. I ran 250 rounds consisting of Federal HST...some Hydro-Shock, Winchester White box and some plastic bag reloads that I got at the show today.

No FTE, FTF's or complaints at all. I tried everything from feeding the little 27 as fast as I could cycle the trigger to intentionally limp-wristing it. I don't recommend this practice with a light-weight .40. It tried to get away from me a couple of times but when I controlled the gun with the minimum amount of grip it still cycled perfectly.

I ran through several cycles of triple-tap at 21 feet and was totally happy with the outcome. For a snubby, the results would be deadly. It does bark pretty loudly and kicks a bit, but nothing that was not controllable.

I won't carry a new gun until I have ran a couple of hundred rounds through it. That done...this little guy will find a new home...on my hip.:cool:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks for the report, your experience is exactly like mine.

I see many post here that the recoil is too much for them, I don't get it. This is a carry gun. Do you really think that in a shoot or die situation you will even feel the recoil? Carry a gun/caliber that does the job in one shot.

So what if putting 200 rounds through it at the range stings your widdle piddies.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Good to hear!

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
The 27 is a nice little power house. I started alternating it as my carry, works well for me!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No. Gen 3. Still a little leary of the 4 yet. I also never buy the first year production of a new car. Learned my lesson years ago when they retooled the Mustang. At least with a car you do have the "lemon law" on your side. Even with that it took me a year to get out of that mistake!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts