Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
FL Glocker #182
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took the new G27 gen 4 to the range. Some background: this is my first subcompact and first .40 cal. I have owned a G17 gen 3. Now, to the report. I went through 50 rounds of 165gr Winchester WB & 50 rounds of 180gr Blazer Brass. This new G27 was absolutely flawless at the range. No FTE, FTF, etc. I am no pistolero wizard, and this G27 shot perfect right out of the box. I will say that for some reason it just "felt" better with the 180gr? All of my rounds were darn near right where I wanted them to be. I installed the large backstrap and felt I shot better with it than without any or the medium- so I will be keeping the large backstrap on. This little G27 is certainly more snappy than my G17 but I liked it. Clearly I need to get used to the subcompact as I wore a little skin away on my thumb nuckle near the webbing of my hand from it contacting the upper beavertail portion of the frame. I can say without exception the G27 is the best I've ever shot right out of the box. On a side note, I took out the new S&W 642 today at the same time and put some Blazers through that as well. I was barely able to keep the S&W on the target- so this is going to take a lot more work. I know 100 rounds through the new G27 gen 4 is not a lot and it is difficult to draw conclusions based on that. But I will say this is the most accurate shooting gun I have had the pleasure to get a blister with. I will work up a callous soon and it won't be a problem. For anyone wondering if they should get a gen 4 G27 I would say go for it- especially if you like the feel of the backstrap system. The new textured grip really worked well too. Thumbs up to Glock on the G27 gen 4 :cool:

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
And it's a pleasure to carry as well. Not much bigger than a pocket gun.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Shot my 27 today too, first time since installing the true glo sights. It is snappy but that is part of it's charm. When I pull a carry gun to save my or my wife's bacon I want it to snap the crap out of who ever needs crap snapping.

I also broke in my first .50BMG today, after that, the .40 felt like a squirt gun.

·
NRA Member
252 Posts
Glad the gen4 G27 is working well for you. Got a Gen3 G27 for xmas and I just fell in love with it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts