close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New G26 ...in 30 days, lol.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Glockenspiel 25, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Glockenspiel 25

Glockenspiel 25

I am so stoked...! well, let me begin...I visited an LGS that I've never been to before and lo and behold found a used, MINT G26. It's a Gen 3, an early Gen 3 as it has the Tupperware box as opposed to the new rounded one, papers, two mags with the + 0 baseplates on them, and only $429 + tax !!!! In my area, there are NO used 26's, and everyone I've seen around her is between $550-$600 (no way I am paying that, sorry). This baby is mint, probably less than 400 rounds down the tube as the barrel hasn't even been BLUED yet !!! I put money down immediately and will be picking it up within the next month (yeah, my job sucks, but at least I got one, right). Two more paychecks and this baby is mine !!! I may have to sell a few guitar effects pedals just to get it home sooner..!! I can't wait to get this girl home... I am just...wow.

2. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

The time can either go by quickly or feel like forever :supergrin:

:50cal:

3. barth

barth six barrels

If he's anything like me it's forever.
    I had to wait over three months for a barrel.
    Shipping was rescheduled twice.
    It felt like a lifetime.

Still, when I got it, it was like XMAS day.
    Couldn't sleep the night before and everything.
    I actually walked out of a movie in the middle cause I got a UPS delivery notice - LOL!

I'm really like a little kid.

Anyway,
    Welcome to the world of Glocks!

Savor these moments, they really are special.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  4. Glockenspiel 25

Glockenspiel 25

Oh I'm not new to Glocks, I have a G19 with about 22 magazines (15-15 rounders, 7-33 G18 mags). I am well acquainted with a Glock and am just adding to the "now" growing family..!!! :supergrin:

5. larson1122

larson1122

Congrats, you will live the 26!

6. Glockenspiel 25

Glockenspiel 25

Oh I know, I have been stalking one for over 2 months now, holding them in my hand everytime I went to the gun store. Those owners prolly thought that i was weird for constantly asking to see them but never putting money down on one, lol. They were just too damn expensive and didn't get the memo, I suppose..:whistling:

7. barth

barth six barrels

Sweet.
    So it's time for the baby?

If you carry, I predict your new EDC is about to arrive - LOL!
    I totally love my G27.
    Of my seven guns it's far and away my favorite carry weapon.

8. Bruce M

Bruce M

When you get it, I am presuming you will lime your G26. I continue to believe the G26 is about Glock's best.

9. Glockenspiel 25

Glockenspiel 25

Oh man, you don't know how excited I am !! I wish I had all of the $$$ today and instead of talking about it, I'd be posting pics for you all !!! I guess that will make it that much special when I actually get the guninto my possession...! and yes, it will be my EDC, I'm already looking into buying a Crossbreed SuperTuck once I get the 26. Im done for awhile after this purchase I think. (yeah right)...:whistling:

10. Rustin

Rustin

Glockenspeil, You are going to love it! The G26 is the Gold standard of CCW weapons which all others are judged. I carry mine with a spare G19 mag for reloads. Really nothing bad to say about the G26 if you're going for double stack CCW.

11. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

I know how you feel, but what do you mean by approx 400 down range and the bbl isnt blued yet?

I just got a 2.5 Gen G-26 was dirty as heck, carried for years, never cleaned. After 200 rds, my barrel ramp is starting to shine, but the bbl is all blue/black in color.

I carried my 2.5 Gen G-27 all day today. Keeps me happy!

12. Glockenspiel 25

Glockenspiel 25

Thanks man !! Actually, I was reading your old posts about your journey towards the 26 vs. the 19 and I was kind of inspired by you to seek out a 26. The only difference is that I couldn't part with my 19. I dunno, call it sentimental value, what have you, but I just couldn't do it. I can't believe I found it for that price. Seriously dude, the thing is CHERRY..!! I don't believe the previous owner really shot the gun..! Don't worry, I will post pics. Thanks for your posts as it helped me make the decision to finally get a 26 !!!

13. Glockenspiel 25

Glockenspiel 25

I guess blued was a bad term (sorry, I was excited :rofl:).
    It looks as if it hasn't been fired at all really, as opposed to the barrel on my 19 that has the markings to show its 1000+ rounds through...

14. bac1023

bac1023

15. oldguynewglock

oldguynewglock

Good move keeping the 19. I have the 19 Gen4 and 26 Gen 4. A great combo and of course you can use the 19 mag in the 26.

16. Glockenspiel 25

Glockenspiel 25

Oh yeah, I have a lot of G19 mags so that is certainly not an issue. And thanks for the comment, yeah, I couldn't part with it. I like the idea of having both the 19 and 26 for obvious reasons, not to mention that I have had a hard time parting with any guns after selling my Sig P226 in .40 S&W. that was a great gun and I kick myself for that one...