Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a new to me G20 and I would like to make this my fun gun. I am looking for advice for making modifications to this gun. Any ideas?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you recommend a trigger? I want a crisp, light and short trigger pull.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do you recommend a trigger? I want a crisp, light and short trigger pull.
I installed a 3.5 lb lone wolf connector to try and after quite a bit of dry fire practice I replaced it with the stock one. Very unimpressed. I recommend using the stock setup for some time before changing things out so you will know fore sure if you like anything you change.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
If it is stock I'd leave it alone.

Not sure what you want it for but I do believe the standard trigger can be overcome for most uses and is certainly safe.

I'm new to Glocks and the G20 also, and am finding the factory stock guns much more easily "conquered" than I thought they would be.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it is stock I'd leave it alone.

Not sure what you want it for but I do believe the standard trigger can be overcome for most uses and is certainly safe.

I'm new to Glocks and the G20 also, and am finding the factory stock guns much more easily "conquered" than I thought they would be.
I have had glocks for many years but they are all stock because I use them for personal protection. I don't feel the need to fix something that is not broken. In my opinion a stock Glock is as reliable as they come. I'm looking to make mods to the G20 as I will not be using it for protection.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I'd add some srteel sights. A LW barrel to shoot lead with, and shoot the hell out of it. The trigger is no biggie, smooths up with dry fire practice.
the G-20 pretty much does it all. I go nowhere without mine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd add some srteel sights. A LW barrel to shoot lead with, and shoot the hell out of it. The trigger is no biggie, smooths up with dry fire practice.
the G-20 pretty much does it all. I go nowhere without mine.
What do you think about a LW threaded barrel with a Compensator?

·
Registered
364 Posts
What do you think about a LW threaded barrel with a Compensator?
They don't really work much. They are hard to keep clean. They direct
flaming dirt into your face if the wind is just right. Even without wind, the smoke shoots up into your field of view. At night, the Flash blinds you so you can't make that second shot.

The only thing I like about them is they look cool. But I need more than cool on my weapon.

I prefer an extended barrel (after market) for:

1. You can shoot reloads. (Speedy lead won't foul the barrel)
2. They have slightly better support for hot loads
3. A longer barrel gives you more speed
4. No holes or compensators gives you a clean, fast bullet. No smoke or dirt (ash) in the face.

Have fun with your new GLOCK.!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They don't really work much. They are hard to keep clean. They direct
flaming dirt into your face if the wind is just right. Even without wind, the smoke shoots up into your field of view. At night, the Flash blinds you so you can't make that second shot.

The only thing I like about them is they look cool. But I need more than cool on my weapon.

I prefer an extended barrel (after market) for:

1. You can shoot reloads. (Speedy lead won't foul the barrel)
2. They have slightly better support for hot loads
3. A longer barrel gives you more speed
4. No holes or compensators gives you a clean, fast bullet. No smoke or dirt (ash) in the face.

Have fun with your new GLOCK.!

Thank you for the good info. And that is one sick looking 29 you have there!

·
Registered
19,529 Posts
About the only modification I make to my Glocks is I like the Glock minus connector and I add a Seattle slug if there is a version for my gun.

My G34 came with a minus connector and I liked it, so I put it in all my guns. I think the Seatle Slug makes the gun feel more balanced when fired and helps me acquire a follow on shot more quickly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts