close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New G19: Slight issue with trigger safety

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by brianr34, Mar 19, 2010.

1. brianr34

brianr34

I picked up a new G19 today. During dryfiring, I noticed something a little bit strange. Sometimes, when I pull the trigger, the trigger safety is catching slightly, before it moves flush with the trigger surface. The gun will function, but it does not feel right.

I checked it out and when the muzzle is pointed down, the trigger safety rotates too far forward. This then causes the edge to catch slightly on the trigger surface, when pulling the trigger. This is the fourth Glock I have owned in the last few months and it is the first one that has had this issue.

I have never had to deal with Glock service. Are they fairly easy to deal with? Would they send me a new trigger and trigger bar, or would I have to send the gun back.

If I have to send the gun back, I would probably just buy a new smooth trigger and install it.

Does the G17/G34 smooth trigger install OK into a G19?

2. ScrapMetal

ScrapMetal

The G17/G34 smooth trigger does work in the G19. I have one on my G19, and it's very easy to install.

3. cciman

cciman

If you put too much lateral motion in your trigger pull-- ie push your trigger sideways, while you are pulling back, then the safety will catch on the side of the trigger wall inside which it sits, and block further trigger movement. You can artificially worsen the effect, by shaking the gun with the muzzle down to make the trigger come all the way forward, and pulling the trigger sideways/back.

I have noticed the same thing on my G22. Interestingly, after I replaced the trigger connector with a new one, it was still doing the same thing. It could be the ergonomics of this particular size Glock (G22), which accentuates any lateral movement in my trigger motion.

Also, seems to not be an issue at the range and during tactical maneuvers, vs. dry fire-- so it may be a brain/motor thing.

4. bentbiker

bentbiker

What you are seeing is very common. No need to change the trigger. The safety has little nubs on the side to keep it centered, and when they fall forward farther than the face of the trigger, they can catch when depressed. If it really bugs you that much, you can file/Dremel down the leading edge of the nub so that it is a ramp instead of a squared-off nub.

Yes the trigger/bar from the G17 works fine in a G19, but it is just as likely to catch as your current unit.

5. brianr34

brianr34

Thanks for the feedback.

It just caught my attention because I never noticed this on 2 G26's and 1 other G19 that I had in the last few months. Yes, I have had a hard time deciding which Glock to go with. :whistling:

I have decided that the G19 is going to be my one gun that I use for CCW, home defense, range and IDPA.

6. Giggity-Giggity

Giggity-Giggity Giggity-Goo!!!

7. brianr34

brianr34

I have not had a chance to shoot it yet. I was just curious if others noticed this same situation with the trigger. I don't believe there will a situation where the gun will not fire.

It just caught my attention because I never experienced this on any other Glocks.

I believe normally when the gun is fairly level and as long as I don't put too much side pressure on the trigger safety, it should not be an issue.

8. cajunhunter

cajunhunter

Yea, I just got a NIB G27 and it does the same thing, I am not comfortable with the safety catching on the trigger in correct use of the weapon. I don't have this issue with my G23. I want it fixed propertly.

9. nedfolks

nedfolks

very interesting