Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After deliberating for months about whether to buy a G19, G23, G26, or G27, I bought a G19 on black Friday. I was finally able to go to the range today. (a lot of family and work obligations). 100 flawless rounds later, I definitely made the right choice.

·
Registered
753 Posts
BTW this is a gen4 with cheap ammo and no problems.
Hahaha! This is the part I like to hear. A G19 gen 4 shooting cheapo ammo with NO ISSUES!!!

That is excellent news. Welcome to the club of perfected gen 4 19's.
Nothing but Federal Champion through mine so far. 650 rounds with no issues at all.

I shoot federal champion 115g exclusively because I feel the g19 should proove itself to me with the worst ammo possible, and it has. It is now my EDC.

Enjoy sir.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Congrats on the new 19 and the great range report. I am struggling with the 19, 23, 26, and the 27 problem, as well. I have pretty much made my mind up to purchase the 19 Gen 4 as a start. We will see what happens after that. Mike

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'm right there with you brother. I didn't make it to the range this weekend, but will at some point this week for sure. :)
Not to hijack the thread but Smitty, how does your new gun eject? Specifically distance out of the gun? Sent my G4 19 back for the ejector and although it does put the brass consistently at 330 400 position, it does not go but maybe 18-24 inches away from the gun maybe 30 inches sometimes. This is with "hotter" rds as well.

thanks

·
Registered
753 Posts
Mine ejects about 3-4 feet to 3-4:00 with Federal champ. IMO, if it is actually ejecting, and not throwning brass at my face, it has been perfected. Every casing is ejected away from my face and pistol, so I feel there is nothing more I could ask for.

SlappyWhite, I do not think there is anything you should worry about, like I said, if it is actually ejecting and not just "dribbling out", you are good to go. ;)

·
Registered
504 Posts
COngrats,
I beleive the G19 is damn near the perfect 9mm pistol.

I agree with this for sure! I have 2 3rd gen 19's and they are great! I will give a little more time of seeing positive range reports like this one before I pick up my first gen 4 glock. I have 4 gen 3's now and need to add a g34 and a g17 to the list before I start in on gen 4's. I also really want a 2nd gen 19. I love the look of them without the rail for some reason.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Mine ejects about 3-4 feet to 3-4:00 with Federal champ. IMO, if it is actually ejecting, and not throwning brass at my face, it has been perfected. Every casing is ejected away from my face and pistol, so I feel there is nothing more I could ask for.

SlappyWhite, I do not think there is anything you should worry about, like I said, if it is actually ejecting and not just "dribbling out", you are good to go. ;)
Thanks smitty, just trying to get some comparisons, I am not concerned at all. All rounds are away from my head and clear the gun completely, unlike before.
This is certainly my favorite glock I have ever owned, now when to get a G4 23?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.