New G19 or Gen 4.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by elderberry99, Feb 6, 2010.

Tags:
  1. mnglocker

mnglocker Rope Czar

jstewart must have added those, because they're not stock, and I sure as hell would not add them as the font ones would prevent any functional use of a holster and the rear are just something else to slow the draw.

If you're looking for a shooter and not a carry gun, there's no reason to go small on the frame size. I'd grab a G19 or 17 any day over a sub-compact for paper punching. And as far as carry goes, you're talking about the same length grip on a G26 as a G19 when you add in the grip extension. Barrel length has very little to do with concealability when you're talking about Glocks.

2. elderberry99

elderberry99

I agree about barrel length, and stated that a couple posts up. As for the grip ext. on the 26, why not just get the 19 and have the extra rounds in it, unless the ext. mag gives you the extra rounds. If that is the case, I would say I want the G19 for the longer barrel and sight radius that goes with it.

3. pangloss9

pangloss9

I don't mean to be argumentative, but I don't think you can necessarily tell right away if the G26 will work for you or not. I'd owned a G17 for many years when I decided to get my concealed carry license. The G17 is too big for me to conceal, so I began examining my options for a smaller gun. At first the G26 felt very odd. I checked the CZ RAMI, it felt odd too. S&W642 also felt odd. Basically every subcompact gun I held felt odd. I finally just went with th G26 since I liked my G17 so much. I've put about a thousand rounds through the G26, and it feels perfectly natural now. I shoot it about as well as my G17, and have absolutely no regrets about getting. Sometimes you just have to spend some time with the gun before you can say for sure.

As for the Gen4 guns, I bought a G17 last week, and I love it. If I've saved up enough for another pistol when the Gen4 G19s are released, I plan on buying one of those also. I think the smaller backstrap on the Gen4 gun is absolutely fantastic, as is the extended mag release. I can understand your concern about the Gen4 not being proven, and I'm honestly not sure if I would have one for my carry gun or primary home defense weapon yet. Give me a few more months to test it, and then I'll be equipped to make that decision.