Glock Talk banner

New G19/5 with bevel frame

1122 Views 17 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  triaxle
I picked up a new G19/5 with FBI sights the first week out did not like the look of the FBI sights as much as the fact Glock ones they flow better with the slide I think . then the frame bevel . Well tonight I just traded it for a newer gen 19/5 with Glock night sights and the wonderful frame bevel . I just had to do it . but will keep my 17/5 the way it is . done deal
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
7,131 Posts
When did Glock pistols become fashion accessories? My requirements for a Glock are the same as they always have been. Reliable, accurate, durable....."pretty" doesn't even make the list. But hey, it's your money so if losing a bunch of money trading in an almost new firearm over a small edge of plastic is your thing, more power to ya!
 

· Registered
Joined
·
7,131 Posts
What source do you have to confirm Glock made an oversight? Like me and many others, they likely didn’t notice or think anyone would care. Never have I looked at a Glock and went “Damn that’s a sexy pistol!” My 19.5 spends 95% of the time in my holster where I can’t even see the “oversight” and the other 5% is me shooting or dry firing where I still can’t see the “oversight”. Do you guys sit around ogling your pistol and scrutinizing every detail? I didn’t even notice the “hog teeth” until a post on here making it sound like the end of the world and the assured failure of the Gen 5.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
 

· Registered
Joined
·
7,131 Posts
They resolved it promptly once everyone started to notice and complaints started swirling.
That doesn't mean it was an oversight. That could simply mean they modified their process to accomodate a small portion of customers with a severe case of OCD. These are usually the customers who will also send their brand new pistol back to Glock 100 times for things that aren't actually problems then complain about Glock's terrible customer service and quality control because they didn't fix the issue that didn't exist.

Of all of my firearms, there is only one where looks mattered. Then again it is a custom hand fitted 1911 with an MSRP of $4800, not a $500 mass produced duty pistol. To each their own.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top