Glock 17 New G17 questions

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Jedi-9mm, Feb 14, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Jedi-9mm

Jedi-9mm

I just got a brand new G17 today. i have had a G21 for a couple of years. Never had any problem with it. I shot a couple hundred rounds through the G17 today. I noticed that the slide wasnt staying open after the last shot. It didnt happen every time but it happend alot. Is this normal on a brand new gun? I dont know if its the mags arent catching the slide or what. the other thing was I had a few strays that went way off the target. I would put about 5 shot and on the 6th it would just go way off the target. I had my friend shoot it just make sure it wasnt me and it did it on him too. I only happend about 5 times but my G21 has never did that. Is this normal for a new gun? Those were the 2 problems I had with it. It fed reliable without any jams. But it just wouldnt stay open. I shot the gun right out of the box. I didnt clean the barrel, I dont know if that had anything to do with it. I ran the brush through the barrel after a couple of strays but it still did it a couple of times. thanks ;F

2. Glockster_James

Glockster_James Man W/ A Badge

If I'm correct the failure to hold the slide open is probably going to be linked to the followers in the magazines; however there are other things that could cause this to happen. The flyer seems kind of odd though. Hopefully someone else will post something about that cause I have no idea and wouldn't mind learning myself. ;I

3. Michigun

Michigun live free or die

A 9mm can be a little more susceptible to “limp wrist”… check your grip. Also make sure you weren’t “riding the slide catch lever”.