Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an 8 week old Ruger SR1911 10mm that I really like.

Not that there's anything at all wrong with the stock grips but I've seen a number of pictures of G10 grips and as I like blue, ordered a set of blue/black from guuun grips on EBay. Got them a few minutes ago and installed them.

I really think they are very handsome and are set off by the beadblasted stainless of the Ruger. They fit very well.

Edited to add that I just noticed that there is an unobtrusive cut in the mag catch side that makes it noticeably easier to access the mag catch w/o having to adjust your grip. Good design.

Sorry I'm a neanderthal regarding posting pictures on the internet.

Can't say I'm impressed at all with FleaBay. Order took 18 days and trying to get updates from them was next to impossible. Another recent order was for hearing aid batteries and we received a bunch that were going to be beyond their "use by" date within a month. I've had it with Fleabay.

The grips were $26, only 3 or 4$ less than Amazon. For the difference, I'd have bought from Amazon had I known they were carrying them. Don

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
A tip with batteries, don't buy from sellers that don't include the expiration date. The closer to the expiration date they are, usually the cost of the batteries will be a bit cheaper.

·
Just lack finishing up
4,194 Posts
Those grips look real nice on that stainless pistol. How's that 10mm Ruger shoot?

·
Registered
9,054 Posts
When you said blue grips, I thought YUCK. But seeing them I was wrong. They look very nice.

·
Registered
21,414 Posts
Those grips look nice

Reactions: DonD

·
Registered
12,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those grips look real nice on that stainless pistol. How's that 10mm Ruger shoot?
The gun shows no flaws appearance wise and it is very tightly fitted. You cannot create rattles by shaking it or messing with the slide. Excellent 1911 style trigger.

Shoots very well, recoil is mild even with the hottest Underwood. 252 rds w/o a flaw. Only tried one group from sitting at 25 yds, 2 1/4". I'm having an issue with some double vision called "divergence insufficiency" by the opthamologist. Optometrist appointment delayed by COVID so I'm not a world class shooter by any means and bet the intrinsic accuracy of the gun is better.

Have been reloading for it and I really like the polymer coated 155gr slugs from Missouri Bullets. With the published starting load of Hodgdon's CFE Pistol it runs 100fps faster than the published chronograph data for the 155gr Hornady XTP. Clean, little fouling and very reasonably priced, $57 for 500 counting priority mail shipping.

Edited to add that Underwood's 155gr Hornady XTPs are advertised as 1500fps, this gun got 1493fps/767ft lbs. That pleased me. Don

·
Registered
18 Posts
Those look like the Wilson's signature grips. I wish they made those in brass or tungsten

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
That's a great looking 1911!
Great choice on the grips! I never would have guessed blue would looks so good.

·
Registered
43,594 Posts
1. Nice Grips
2. Do you have gigantic hands?
3. What's up with the 1 sock deal? Just decided to take a pic halfway through putting on socks?

·
Registered
12,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1. Nice Grips
2. Do you have gigantic hands?
3. What's up with the 1 sock deal? Just decided to take a pic halfway through putting on socks?
No, I don't have gigantic hands.

Sock?? Well, people never ask, surprised you did. I have a very rare form of leukemia, T-Cell, Large Granular Lymphocitic chronic leukemia. It damaged the valving in the veins in my left calf. The compression sock keeps blood from pooling in my calf and causing pulmonary embolisms, one of which nearly killed me. Enough info for you? Don

·
Registered
43,594 Posts
No, I don't have gigantic hands.

Sock?? Well, people never ask, surprised you did. I have a very rare form of leukemia, T-Cell, Large Granular Lymphocitic chronic leukemia. It damaged the valving in the veins in my left calf. The compression sock keeps blood from pooling in my calf and causing pulmonary embolisms, one of which nearly killed me. Enough info for you? Don
LMAO, I am so glad that I'm hammered fking drunk or I would have felt bad over that honest mistake. But instead I have tears running down my face in laughter. Hope you kick that LGLs arse, sock boy!!!!!

·
Registered
12,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
LMAO, I am so glad that I'm hammered fking drunk or I would have felt bad over that honest mistake. But instead I have tears running down my face in laughter. Hope you kick that LGLs arse, sock boy!!!!!
You're really a class act Dave, not. "Sock boy", so adult. Don

·
Registered
43,594 Posts
Reactions: Gary1911A1 and DonD
1 - 20 of 20 Posts