New forum

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by lomfs24, Aug 4, 2007.

1. lomfs24

lomfs24

Eric,
    Or I suppose Eric will read this....

I am sure you get pounded with tons of new forums that people would like for many different special interests. I would like to add to that list of requests for new forums. And that would be an archery forum. A good number of people here are people who enjoy the outdoors. No doubt, many of these folks, like myself, not only enjoy shooting firearms but enjoy archery as well.

Thanks for considering this request.

Rahn

2. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

Hello lomfs24,

I'm not sure if you're aware of these details, so I'll just quickly go through the whole procedure, as it has worked in the past (subject to change, of course).

Folks who want to start a new club usually go to the Clubhouse Office forum
    https://www.glocktalk.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=33
    and start a thread there to propose the new club. Give a brief description of what the club will be about, and a proposed name and "mission statement" (see the Glock Talk main page for a forum listing and description of each forum for examples). This is where folks will go to sign-up for the club.

After you have the club thread started, copy the url/address, and go to a few areas on Glock Talk where you think there may be folks who would be interested in joining such a club, and start a thread about it. Suggestions for your Archery club might include General Non-Glocking, the Hunting/Fishing/Camping forum, etc. Please DO NOT saturate the entire site with threads; just two or three in different areas will do. Put the brief description of the proposed club in the thread, along with the address/link to the clubhouse thread where they can sign-up to show interest in the club. You can also refer to the new club in related discussions in other threads, and/or put a statement in your signature line saying "Sign up for the new Archery club in the Clubhouse Office!" or similar.

The general rule is that 50 people must sign-up to show interest in a club before Eric will consider creating it (again, subject to change). After you have 50 intersted folks signed-up, PM Eric or Eddie C., give them the link to the sign-up thread, and ask about getting it started. Be patient, as approval and creation can take a bit of time, especially if Eric is really busy with site upgrades or on the road, etc.

Good luck!

3. lomfs24

lomfs24

Thanks for the info DJ, I will start a thread when I get home and see how it goes. It really makes no difference whether the forum gets created or not. But this site has always been a gold mine of info and an archery forum would be great.

Thanks again DJ I'll get the ball rolling.