GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...I bought my first (and only) Glock way back in 1990 so I guess that makes it a
Gen. 2 ?
No accessory rail, no finger grooves on the grip, two pins.
It's a Model 23 (compact .40 S&W) and although recoil can be a bit much (depending on the specific round), it's manageable and I appreciate the extra "punch" and the 13 round mag!
Great gun, great forum!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey all...I bought my first (and only) Glock way back in 1990 so I guess that makes it a
Gen. 2 ?
It's a Model 23 (compact .40 S&W) and although recoil can be a bit much (depending on the specific round), it's manageable and I appreciate the extra "punch" and the 13 round mag!
Great gun, great forum!
Gen. 2 ?
Great gun, great forum!
You should check out the the Retro Glock P80, no rails no grooves, sounds just like your 23. I am new to the forum also.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
That's a cool old pistol! Welcome to the forum! Yeah, I saw one of those Retros over at Academy yesterday, but a real pistol from thirty years ago is still more impressive.
Gotta admit though, I won a membership and got a Blue Lable card with it, it's really got me thinking "new GLOCK!"
Welcome, friends!

·
Registered
59 Posts
That's a cool old pistol! Welcome to the forum! Yeah, I saw one of those Retros over at Academy yesterday, but a real pistol from thirty years ago is still more impressive.
Gotta admit though, I won a membership and got a Blue Lable card with it, it's really got me thinking "new GLOCK!"
Welcome, friends!
I only spent 8+ yrs in Military, would love to get those blue prices, but, must have retired, Bummer, but yeah, you do need a new one, let us know what you decided on, I am looking for suggestions myself.

·
JAFO
4,405 Posts
Welcome to G.T. from southern Illinois.

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
Welcome to GT

·
Registered
351 Posts
Glad to have you onboard -- enjoy your tour.

Reactions: kilo bravo

·
NRA Life Member
232 Posts
I only spent 8+ yrs in Military, would love to get those blue prices, but, must have retired, Bummer, but yeah, you do need a new one, let us know what you decided on, I am looking for suggestions myself.
For the last few years Glock has offered Blue Label prices to anyone with a DD214 (not required to be a military retiree) for a month or two around Veterans Day, so BOLO next year and get yourself a deal on a new Glock (I got a new G48 last week for $380)!!!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
"Knowledge Speaks - Wisdom Listens,"
27,968 Posts
Enjoy GT 🇺🇸

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hello Rock

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the warm welcome and HAPPY NEW YEAR to all.
Looking forward to learning and shooting more in 2021...Just got my new AR15, so gotta find some ammo and take the arsenal out to the range! Mr. Glock will accompany me of course! ;)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Looking forward to learning and shooting more in 2021...Just got my new AR15, so gotta find some ammo and take the arsenal out to the range! Mr. Glock will accompany me of course! ;)
🙏
Welcome aboard Bro, I've been nickel and dime shopping on the 5.56 and 223. 5.56 very hard to find, ton of 223 in lots of 200, plus some green tip I found. Just not a good time for me to go blow a ton of rounds at the range . Just me..what make AR did you buy?? I recently picked up the M Loc S&W M&P15. Can't wait to get that sighted in, and like you, will have my G21 with me, Again, Welcome.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
🙏

Welcome aboard Bro, I've been nickel and dime shopping on the 5.56 and 223. 5.56 very hard to find, ton of 223 in lots of 200, plus some green tip I found. Just not a good time for me to go blow a ton of rounds at the range . Just me..what make AR did you buy?? I recently picked up the M Loc S&W M&P15. Can't wait to get that sighted in, and like you, will have my G21 with me, Again, Welcome.
Thanks again for the welcome! I managed to pick up a Stag Tactical 15 in 5.56mm. It's got the Cali action break mag drop so I avoided the awful "grip fin" and fixed shoulder stock. Looking forward to trying it out! (y)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts