close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Famliy Member

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by Dwayetm, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Dwayetm

Dwayetm

I picked up a German Sheperd today. He is 16months old and already trained. I got him from a trainer who supplys utility dogs to the local police depts. I was kind of nervous bringing him around my kids but he took to them as soon as I opened the door. His name is Apollo and he weighs about 100lbs. A friend of mine got his sister. We have his brother on the streets already in my Dept, and he is turning out to be a really good K-9. Mine is alittle rough around the edges now because he hasn't been worked yet and getting used to the new home. He is quickly learning and will be my wife and kids first dog/pet.

2. DEUCE-DOBE

DEUCE-DOBE Landshark&Sis'

Wonderful pooch. Funny thing is that while your working dogs are most often referred to as being nasty by the media, they're bred to protect their family, not harm them... your GSD for example, will make a GREAT addition to the family. They instinctively know when to turn it on or off and will be a reliable companion for many years. Congrats.

3. Dwayetm

Dwayetm

Thanks this is my first time with this type of dog my only other pet that I have had was a Golden Reteiver (spelling?) I was worried for a while because he would not go to the bath room but he finally did thi evening. I gess he just had the first day jitters. Now if I can only get him to stop following me everywhere, I cann't pee without him looking at me. It's kind of funny because everytime he goes out for a few minutes he comes back in and makes his rounds in the house. He has to check every room 3 times then comes back to me and stays on my left side. I am trying to get him to change to my right because thats my weak side. He is starting to get it.

4. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

A friend "adopted" a police dog that was too gentle. She wouldn't bite so he got a great deal in a pet. He adores her as a pet and she is his shadow.

5. Ender

Ender ComfortablyNumb

Beautiful pup.

amazing dogs, GSD's are. keep him occupied, give him a 'job,' and make sure he knows who the boss is. the more you do that, the less problems you'll have....

they do seem to know who to protect w/o having to be told, however! ;)