Glock Talk banner

New East German Makarov

7284 18
Hey folks, was just gifted a never fired E. German Makarov today. I've heard an unfired East German Makarov can be hard to come by, and i'm looking for advice on whether or not i should shoot this pistol, or let it sit. Is it worth more as a collectors item? thanks.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
10,838 Posts
Define 'collectors item' hoven.

Now you can get a S&W mint Triple Lock for oh, thousands of dollars, or a Colt SSA, made in 1879 for thousands of dollars.

But a Mak? Any Mak? Now I own a EG and Bulgie Mak. Great guns. Since I have the Bulgie I don't shoot the EG much. But, a top of the line EG MaK won't cost $500. So now is it THAT percious when compared to those Colts and S&Ws? Or a Glock for the same 500 buck price?

If you do want to pick up that EG, then just get a Bulgie Mak and shoot it. That way the EG will, well in maybe 100 years, be a real collectors item.

Otherwise, go play with the EG and have fun.

Deaf

· Registered
415 Posts
Hey folks, was just gifted a never fired E. German Makarov today. I've heard an unfired East German Makarov can be hard to come by, and i'm looking for advice on whether or not i should shoot this pistol, or let it sit. Is it worth more as a collectors item? thanks.
Holy cow, explain "gifted"! Man, that is a top of the line Makarov, a holy grail of Maks I have been looking for after several years. Nice luck...

jb

· Wannabe
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a '62. It was given to me by a good friend. Needless to say i was blown away. The blueing in it is pristine. I haven't had a chance to go shoot it yet, but i'm trying to get to the range soon.

· Deluxe Member
1,085 Posts
Nice score!

I had the same problem, then lucked into more of them EG types. Now I can have a shooter, a Carry, and a saver. :super grin:

Or, slumming with the Bulgars should I feel low country. :rofl:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.