close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New computer, No Office Platform? Help!

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Glockerel, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Glockerel

Glockerel Got Mojo?

Just picked up a spanky new machine, had the data migrated and I've got no platform to use my Office 2000 Upgrade. I lost my previous Office on which I upgraded and now what??

2. 65Mustang

65Mustang Jr. Engineer

I'm not sure if anything can be done without having the full install version of office; however I do know of a program that you can use instead. It's called Open Office. One of my college instructors presented it to the class for just this scenario, where we need office programs but can't necessarily afford it. Its a free download off the internet @ www.openoffice.org

I must admit I have Office XP Pro, so I haven't downloaded it myself, but I have heard from enough people that it does the job. Might be worth checking out.

Quote from my instructor.
    :cool:

3. Egyas

Egyas Troll Hater

Open Office is an excellent alternative to MS Office. And it's free! There are some function that do not exist that do in Office. But I'll be honest, I have found VERY FEW and I have been using Office every day for over 10 years. Calc doesn't do Pivot Tables very well (or at all in some cases) where Excel does. Otherwise, for the typical home user, it is all you need. ;)