Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think of the new colts, looking at one but don’t know if I should bite on it heard the whole rifle is outsourced so basically I’ll be paying for just a name.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
My wife bought me the cr6700a4 other than the fact the lower says carbine it's a great rifle.

I wouldn't sweat outsourced parts colt has always done this. On mine the bcg barrel and the stuff the matters is actually colt.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
What do you guys think of the new colts, looking at one but don’t know if I should bite on it heard the whole rifle is outsourced so basically I’ll be paying for just a name.
I also heard that since CZ bought out Colt, all the current production guns aren’t “real” Colts either.

that’s the internet.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I sure I'll catch flak over this post but its how I feel - I place no special value on a colt ar15 . There just one of many AR builders out there . If not for FN helping colt with production of current M4 and m16 models the military branch would be long gone . Good luck to CZ for buying colt and hopefully correcting there short comings in production , quality and profit but there ar15 is still only one of many . .

I built ours how I want them so no factory assembled AR15 here .

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I sure I'll catch flak over this post but its how I feel - I place no special value on a colt ar15 . There just one of many AR builders out there . If not for FN helping colt with production of current M4 and m16 models the military branch would be long gone . Good luck to CZ for buying colt and hopefully correcting there short comings in production , quality and profit but there ar15 is still only one of many . .

I built ours how I want them so no factory assembled AR15 here .
I think alot of the value placed on colt is that they were the company that finalized and started us military production of the ar platform. They are also pretty well built and hold their value. I have a recently acquired a4 and it is a very well built rifle but I think the intrinsic value of it being a Colt is what makes it worth it.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I think a lot of the value placed on colt that they were the company that finalized and started us military production of the ar platform. They are also pretty well built and hold their value. I have a recently acquired a4 and it is a very well built rifle but I think the intrinsic value of it being a Colt is what makes it worth it.
We bought have opinions about COLT AR15 . You lean toward a colt AR, I lean away . I simply not much of a colt fan .

·
Señor Member
9,828 Posts
Not sure if it's ok, but this thread seems to have slowed down anyway. How many different stamps has the 6920 been produced with? Mine is stamped:
M4 CARBINE
CAL. 5.56MM
LE45....

This newest one:

·
Señor Member
9,828 Posts
Also, just noticed there's a computer generated 'stamp' stamped behind the S.N.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I have seen a few pics. I think the roll marks look cheap. they are laser engraved instead of actually stamped so maybe that's just how it's going to look but I don't like it. other examples of finish looked cheap too but were supposedly good to go.

on the question of quality, Colt BCG's and barrels have always been among the best. and while other mfrs can put out something that can equal or even surpass Colt, what had set them apart is that their QC was consistent. you were going to get Colt quality. the others were hit and miss. now with CZ at the helm I would hope that they continue the consistent QC, outsourced manufacturing or not.

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
I have a Colt Competition, which as others have said, heavily outsourced, no forward assist, but it has a COLT barrel, BCG. I got it new for $500 or so. Great gun for the price, at the time 6920's were $900 to $1000 and are likely well north now.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I have a Colt Competition, which as others have said, heavily outsourced, no forward assist, but it has a COLT barrel, BCG. I got it new for $500 or so. Great gun for the price, at the time 6920's were $900 to $1000 and are likely well north now.
The Colt Competition wasn’t outsourced. It was made entirely by another company.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
I don't see where you could go wrong getting the Colt. Whether it's all in-house or not I haven't heard anyone complaining about the way they shoot.
I only have a few AR's, and my cheapest one (Rock River) actually seems to be the most accurate. They all are reliable.

·
Premium Member
6,166 Posts
My latest AR is a Colt LE 6920. It's a fine rifle. I have no complaints at all. I don't think CZ has had Colt long enough to make any major changes yet, but I'm betting that any changes will be for the better. Look at CZ quality. Top notch products, a little pricey but worth it. I see Colt products manufactured prior to the CZ take over going way up in price. Such is the nature of gun collectors and ordinary guy's that just "Gotta have an original Colt. MY SAA .45 7 1/2 Nickle plated will be going for $25,000.00, and Series 70 .45 for $30,000.00. One AR15 Sp-1 and one SP-1 Carbine will be sold at auction. Starting bids $20,000.00.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I think they've released the CR6960, its about $200 more. I have one of the last LE6960 its a mid length gas system medium barrel with a Centurion MLOK hand guard. I also own a new CR6920 which I still need to shoot.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I think they've released the CR6960, its about $200 more. I have one of the last LE6960 its a mid length gas system medium barrel with a Centurion MLOK hand guard. I also own a new CR6920 which I still need to shoot.
It’s just a variant of the current CR6920. I saw a sample in one of my gun shops and asked the shop owner about it. He looked up the model and said it is the Enhanced something or another.
basically it was similar to the previous LE6920’s other variants like the Trooper and the Colt Combat Unit.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
It’s just a variant of the current CR6920. I saw a sample in one of my gun shops and asked the shop owner about it. He looked up the model and said it is the Enhanced something or another.
basically it was similar to the previous LE6920’s other variants like the Trooper and the Colt Combat Unit.
It’s not a CR6920 variant. It’s a mid length gas system with a different barrel profile. It’s also got a free floated rail. Different gun. It may look like a Trooper or EPR but it’s not. You are passing bum scoop.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts