Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm new to Glock Talk - but wanted your guys' opinions.

I just recently purchased a Glock 23 Gen 4 and I'm in the market for some CCW gear. Any of you guys familiar with The Adder System? I'm not sure if I'm understanding the benefit to this compared to the 5.11 stuff.

http://addersystem.com/
Looks like they are taking pre-orders at http://www.goadder.com/ - at $99 for a vest, I might just pull the trigger. (see what I did there?)

· U S Veteran
2,472 Posts
Never heard to them, but I'd be interested in that vest.

· U S Veteran
2,472 Posts
The tactical jacket look is a dead giveaway for gun carrier's. Invest in a good holster and look normal.
Ha, I got more holsters than I can shake a stick at. Maybe if a LOT of folks buy these kind of jackets, you want be able to tell the CCW's from the non-CCWs. :supergrin:

· Registered
89 Posts
Just a FYI story.....Years ago I went to a Banana Republic to buy a vest to hide my gun in the hot summer for work (I'm now a retired LEO now). The nice young lady at the counter then asked me what agency I was with. I was surprised, told her and asked how she knew. She said only LEO's bought those vests to carry guns in the summer! I still used that vest for some time before the gun wore a hole in it. Used it in a few IDPA matches too. It was the last vest I bought.

· Registered
192 Posts
Looks like it would be handy if you have a outdoor range and it's cold or if you lI've out in the timer and are walking around. Maubergine dking some yard work.....but for ccw In public setting? Pass. What happens when you want to take your coat off at a restaurant? It's kinda like a ccw purse. I firmly believe in the "don't carry off body" rule. JMO

· Registered
109 Posts
Great while wearing a jacket but that's it. When you go into a restaurant, you usually put jacket over back of chair, when you get up to use the bathroom you are leaving a gun out of your control. To many situations where you wander off from your jacket.

· Registered
992 Posts
I really like the look of this type of appearal and to each his/her own, but I feel that the more tactical you "look" that you are giving your secret away. I resort to a good holster and my usual wardrobe only slightly altered to facilitate carry.

· ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
20,751 Posts
I don't like it, at all.

There's no way it secures a pistol as well as a good holster on a stiff belt. Many people associate vests with concealed guns (just open carry lol). Only works in specific weather. What do you do when you go inside and it's warm? Now people wonder why you aren't taking your jacket off (because you dare not leave your loaded pistol in your jacket when you take it off and set it down anywhere, ever)

· Registered
59,814 Posts
I think a fedora would look about right with it.

· Registered
327 Posts
It's a nice looking jacket or vest. I have a 511 tactical vest I use for IDPA but wouldn't be seen in public with one as I refer to it as my "shoot me first" vest. It just screams I have a firearm on me. I instead carry in a nice concealed holster and a normal looking cover garment.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.