GlockTalk Forum banner

301 - 320 of 336 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
The only bite I ever received on a Glock, my Gen 4 Glock 19. My second finger (the one next to my trigger finger!) the magazine release, dug into that finger. Sharp folder sliced that corner off! Cured.

·
Retired Fed LEO. USMC late 1960s.
417 Posts
That's the first thing I did with my G19 - file down the sharp corners and edges of the mag release.

Reactions: shooterMcGee

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Reactions: shooterMcGee

·
Registered
157 Posts
I just don’t get the 47.

So if the border patrol puts a 19 slide on the 47 frame, what is it? 19, 19X, 45, 47 short, 17 short?

I will buy one if they ever get released as blue label guns.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I just don’t get the 47.

So if the border patrol puts a 19 slide on the 47 frame, what is it? 19, 19X, 45, 47 short, 17 short?

I will buy one if they ever get released as blue label guns.
Parts commonality, easy logistics for the biggest LE agency in the country. 21,000 Border Patrol and 45,000 CBP Officers is a lot of guns and a lot of parts.

Swapping slides is just a bonus that almost nobody will do.

·
Registered
538 Posts
With Blackhawk T Series holster

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
This is a great idea, I am going to look at doing something like this with my G40 MOS as I like having the beavertail also but don't care too much for the slightly larger overall grip on the larger 10mm frame. The 9mm frame is a good fit for me with the full thin beavertail.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I really like that trimmed backstrap. I have a permanent scar on my hand from Glock slide bite. No backstrap Gen 4/5 feels great and points naturally for me but I'll bleed. I run the medium beavertail backstrap but I'm going to trim it like the pic.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I really like that trimmed backstrap. I have a permanent scar on my hand from Glock slide bite. No backstrap Gen 4/5 feels great and points naturally for me but I'll bleed. I run the medium beavertail backstrap but I'm going to trim it like the pic.
I'm surprised Glock isn't making a beavertail as part of the backstrap set.

FYI in case you haven't seen it; Grip Force has a Gen4/5 beavertail extension.

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
I'm surprised Glock isn't making a beavertail as part of the backstrap set.

FYI in case you haven't seen it; Grip Force has a Gen4/5 beavertail extension.

I'll have to check that out.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hello everyone
Finally was issued my CBP Glock 19 Gen 5 today. Going to qualify after lunch.
It has a DHS prefix in the serial number

RONKO73
When I shot mine I got a perfect score with old target, no excuses for those that cant qualify!!!!

Reactions: IAhunter

·
Venor ergo sum
3,293 Posts
C48B2412-4D54-4126-A0AB-690D7206C3F8.jpeg
A6A0F53D-CE41-43A9-9F6B-3538B8A6F7F3.jpeg
Makes me almost want to not have retired. Well, that’s a lie. Ladies and gents, retired life is good! I’m typing this from my fifth wheel in the AZ high country. The Mrs and I have been up here eleven days so far on this trip, my fourth of the year.

I went ahead and bought me a G19.5 MOS and won a G26.5 at a GSSF match. If I am able to buy a G47, I’ll have the whole set.

301 - 320 of 336 Posts