NEW Carver Custom G22 SUPERNOVA Open div. Gun

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by mike g35, Apr 25, 2012.

1. mike g35

mike g35

I thought I would share my lastest racegun with you guys, its actually a rebuild of my old 40S&W open division gun. I have enhanced it in multiple ways. This gun has more custom work than any other racegun I own and for those of you that know me you know thats saying something. This is my Carver Custom G22 SUPERNOVA open division USPSA BLASTER!!!!!! Here's what it consists of.

Parts List:(from bottom to top)
    SJC Heavyweight Magwell
    SJC Big Button extended mag release
    Carver 2# UL trigger kit
    Carver stainless guiderod (uncaptured)
    Wolff 12# roundwire spring
    Carver slide racker
    KKM threaded match barrel
    Carver 4 port 40S&W compensator
    Carver competition mount
    CMore slideride

Custom Work & finishes
    Stippled frame, full wrap snakeskin pattern
    Undercut trigger gaurd
    Finger grooves removed
    Slide lightened (oval slide cuts with inlay)
    Coyote Tan cerakote on frame, racker, and comp
    Graphite Black cerakote on mount, button, and magwell
    Brushed Aluminum cerakote on slide
    Ejection port lowered
    Ejector tuned

2. Rustin

Rustin

Hot damn! That thing looks gnarly. Hope you've got it to where you want it. What's the trigger like?

3. mike g35

mike g35

The trigger sits at a little less than two pounds and has an extremely short reset. The 4 port Carver comp makes the 40 feel like less than a 9 and muzzle flip is almost nonexistant. I used to have a CMore STS on it but decided to switch back to a slideride for the bigger FOV. I have tried alot of different set-ups on raceguns, the three together in that picture are IMO set up the best they can be. I have two red dot guns because I am using my NOVA G17 9mm shooting minor power factor for GSSF UL division and my SUPERNOVA G22 40S&W shoooting major power factor for USPSA open division. The gun without the dot is my limited division USPSA G35 MUSTANG.

4. Rustin

Rustin

Excellent. It sounds like you've put a whole lot of thought into your guns. What would you recommend for somebody who is just about to enter the world of pistol competition? Should I get a G22 to make a race gun? Would I be allowed to put a 9mm bbl in it and shoot 9mm division? I want to get into competing but it's a bit overwhelming. Again, those are some really cool pistols. You've got em' right where you want em'.

5. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

Who did the Work on your grips ? it looks amazing

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  6. mike g35

mike g35

Bobby Carver at B&B Enterprise, www.bb-enterprise.biz , he can do the same work to your Glock and/or any other polymer frame pistol. The grip feels better than it looks and it looks awesome. Glocks, the Gen 3 Glocks especially, kind of have that slippery polymer feel to them. As great as they are in their stock configuration I like the feel of this much better. It gives me alot more of a positive grip and it does not slip AT ALL, which is very important when your coming out of your holster at speed. I like the RTF2 frame and the Gen 4 RTF frames also but I prefer this texture over them both. I don't really care for the Gen 3 standard frame without some type of grip tape installed. The best news is its not all that expensive either. You don't have to get your frame cerakoted either, that is optional. You can get index points for your fingers on the forward part of the frame, 3/4 wrap, inset stippling, you can leave the finger grooves, etc. There are alot of options.:wavey:

7. mike g35

mike g35

Look closely at the G35 (bottom gun in the pic with 3 guns) and you'll see the index stippling on the front of the receiver.

8. voyager4520

voyager4520

That's the coolest Glock I've ever seen. Very nice!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  9. WarEagle 1

WarEagle 1 Taco Tuesday

I've never been a fan of stippling, but that guy did an awesome job on your guns. Looks great!!

10. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

impressive.

I was looking around Youtube last night at the Dayton/Indy GSSF matches and saw a Youtube "Similar" video with someone talking about their 11-port compensator that they just started using. Not to ever doubt your setup (I know nothing about race guns) but do you feel a difference between 11 port verses your 4 port? Or have you ever used an 11 port?

11. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

12. 8th ID

8th ID

That is ONE nice looking pistol!!!:wow:

My only question--

How well does it conceal?

13. SDGlock23

SDGlock23 JABRONI AUTIST

Sick, very very sick. My G22 doesn't quite look that nice!

14. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

:cool:, your making many Glock owners jealous :supergrin:

:50cal:

15. Carbonfly

Carbonfly

That's a truly amazing build. Now, how much would it cost to get all of that work done?

16. Justin1911

Justin1911

I've thought about an open glock for GSSF/USPSA. What holster do you use that fits with that carver mount?

17. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

18. mike g35

mike g35

I saw the 11 port SJC comp before having this gun built. The 4 port Carver keeps my muzzle perfectly flat with my 165gr IPSC major PF load. I think using the 11 port would force the muzzle down to far instead of keeping it flat, this gun is extremely fast, Carver got it right. Now for 9 major, that 11 port might work, but for a 40 I believe it would be a mistake. This is my 4th racegun and my 5th build, I have learned one thing above all, trust Bobby Carver.

19. mike g35

mike g35

how much would it cost to get all of that work done?

Overall cost for this gun would run right around $2400 or so. I didn't pay that much, because I'm on the team I get a team discount. You can build a less fancy racegun (stock finishes, no slide lightening, no custom frame) for around $1500, thats including the cost of the base gun. Look at the website www.bb-enterprise.biz, the gallery of guns has prices for alot of less enhanced models, they are surprisingly affordable.

What holster do you use that fits with that carver mount?

Bobby sells a CR Speed holster thats been modified for the Carver Mount, I have one, works like a charm. They are SO much faster than a regular OWB holster, it will blow your mind.

Thanks for all the complmients guys. :wavey:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012