Glock Talk banner

New Bushmaster AR shoot today (among others)

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  cowboy1964 
#1 ·
Spinoff of "my AR is on the way" thread...

Had a great time at a private range today! The only mods I've done are a Magpul AFG & some rail covers. Got sighted in from a bench & while I was having a hard time hitting a 3" square at 100 yds, I consistently put holes in a plastic bottle from a knee at around 75 yds...?

Also shot my Glock 27, then with a 9mm barrel, my buddy's G19, my Rem 870 (rifle sights with slugs, pretty darn precise at 30 yds!), 9mm Colt 1911, .45-cal Colt 1911... we brought his Columbian wife & my Venezuelan girlfriend & they did REALLY well, despite it being their first time handling guns... before the virtual leghumping starts, pics will follow... :tongueout:

So I've got a question...

I LOVED the EOTech on my buddy's AR. An optic of some kind is definitely in my future. Now, once I swap to BUIS, how do I replace the fixed front sight? I'm not concerned with knocking out the pins & all that; what I'm wondering is, what do I do with the gas tube?!? Is there a back-up sight base that I can install that accepts the gas tube? Please be easy on me, this is an entirely new platform to me... I just learned how to break it down to the bolt today.

Thanks!

See less See more
#3 ·
Seriously, just don't. You've already got a rugged, dependable, front sight and gas block. Put the RDS or whatever on and run it. You'll find you don't even notice the front sight in there.

If, after shooting it a while you decide you absolutely can't live with it, I usually build with the PRI flip up. I don't think that will be the case though. :D

#6 · (Edited)
My advice: leave the front sight fixed and go with a raised EoTech giving a 1/3 co-witness. That's what I did (and I had no front sight originally so I could have easily gone fixed or folding). The front sight won't be a distraction at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.