New Brazilian G22 ?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ChrisD46, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Rocky7

Rocky7 Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member

Myself, again I feel correction of Glocks error in providing a platform to house several dissimilar calibers has existed and may now be an attempt to do so.

There will be winners and losers with changes, but like the 9mm revolution most will remain.

Ive never seen anything manmade get people through Life or a crisis that could outdo the equipment God had given them between ears. People can give homage to caliber and gun but the war of words of calibers does fall moot to many who see beyond the fluff.

What may be the solution of the future already exists. Many have said the options in Glocks for carry might be a 9mm or the 29/30 platforms. The .40 and .357 sig might be too big or heavy an option. Time will tell.

LouisianaGunSlinger likes this.
  2. gatorboy

gatorboy ( . Y . )

AIM has gen 4 22's for $299

jr24 and harold63 like this.

3. harold63

harold63 I'm not retired

With all the available 40 cal ammo still at WM, that's kinda hard to pass up. Looks like WM still has the best prices on 40 S&W. Looks like, too, not many in my area shooting 40 cal. I marked a box 3 days ago to see how long it would be there 'cause the 40 cal wasn't moving. That box is still there as of this morning when doing a water and paper towel run...and AC filter.

gatorboy likes this.
  4. H&K .45 AUTO

H&K .45 AUTO Gunslinger

Considerimg that the Gen 4 G22 is my favorite pistol, I gotta say that is a deal and a half. I'd prefer if the rest of you pass on them though. They are too "snappy", the guns wear out quick, they defy the laws of science by not doing anything a 9mm can't do, the full sized frame is too hard to conceal, the FBI doesn't like them anymore, and they are a solution to a problem that never existed.

I would instead, go spend at least a couple hundred dollars more for the clearly superior Glock 17, and never look back. :D

5. shadowlands

shadowlands

Love it! You nailed it!

6. X65

X65

Caliber debates are debates for a reason lol. They will never die which is completely normal. I respect your stance and the stance of shadowlands. In the end, We are all on the same team! We love Glocks and love to shoot.

motorcycleman likes this.
  7. shadowlands

shadowlands

I agree with 100% there. I'll take a Glock in any caliber over anything else. I've had a bazillian different handguns, until I bought my G42. Then it was over for the rest. Adios they went. Money in my bank. Landed a great deal on my G27 Gen3 because it's a .40 that nobody wanted, ha... and I fell in love with it even more than my G42. I'm sold on Glock. Trust my life with them, period, any caliber.

motorcycleman likes this.
  8. kdm2

kdm2

With the flood of cheap LE G22's and 23's hitting the market you are probably right

9. Bradd D

Bradd D

If the Gen 5 22 is larger in the slide, it may not sell as well, although the Brazilian connection may offset that some. I haven't been into 40 S&W for a while, but I'm considering a Gen 4 35 MOS that may be too good a deal to pass up.

10. kdm2

kdm2

I just bought a Gen 4 G22 at GT Distributors for $289, minus the 10% off on used guns they were running that day. I'm going to make a 9mm, .40SW, .357 Sig convertible out of it.

gatorboy likes this.
  11. Ranger357

Ranger357 Just pixels

The larger slide would be a bit of a pain holster wise, but I also noted that when Shane Cooley won nationals limited shooting a 40 SW Glock he actually had steel weights screwed into the slide of his gun.

To me does not need much to be perfect IMHO, but just a hair more would outweigh the holster thing for me.

12. Indy_Tim

Indy_Tim

If you take shooting seriously, then mastering the .40 is not a big deal. I’m not knocking 9mm users as not taking shooting seriously but there are a lot of them that are lucky to see the range a handful of times each year. 9mm is a good choice for an agency that has to buy huge amounts of ammo and maintain proficiency among officers even when some of those don’t shoot as an enthusiast.

I’d love to see Glock release the Brazilian G22 or build a Gen 5 G23. The Gen 4 is pretty dang good in itself though.

13. Indy_Tim

Indy_Tim

That was not my experience when shooting the G19 and G23. I bought two G19s thinking that if I loved the G23, I’d be in heaven with the G19. For whatever reason, I shot the G23 decidedly better. I ended up selling both G19s and buying a second G23.

14. Indy_Tim

Indy_Tim

That’s one thing that gets lost in a lot of 9mm supporters is that a lot of people compare 9mm range ammo to .40 range ammo then carry 9mm +P SD ammo. .40 range ammo feels a lot like .40 SD ammo. I load .40 to a level that very closely mimics my carry 180g HSTs so when I practice, I shoot with a very similar feeling ammo to carry ammo. Shooting a box of WWB 9mm and then loading your carry mags with +P HSTs gives a very different shooting experience.

sandman77, BOOSTED12A and Ranger357 like this.
  15. TeaDub

TeaDub

I really don't see it as an engineering error. The Gen 5 is removing an integral pin. The original multi pin frame was made for the larger calibers. The Gen 5s did away with that in part because of the ambi-slide release. I'd lean toward the Gen 4 design being the sweet spot. I have read here that the frame in the Gen 4s was beefed up for the larger calibers.

If true, that'd be the ultimate generation. If Glock brings a fatter and heavier slide, Gen 5 in the 40 and 45/10mm? I'm a hard pass.

H&K .45 AUTO likes this.
  16. Rocky7

The comment of error was because Glock decided hurriedly to enter markets without individually designing calibers to fit platforms. Using the same RSA in the 9mm, .357 sig and .40S&W has left all of us frustrated over time and accused of dementia, limp wristers, and those that fiddle endlessly for naught in preparing weapons out of the box fit for use.

Myself glad if changes come about as the admission is late in coming and never admitted to.

Ps. Whatever comes, a bandwagon to jump on is not my theme. Personally the Gen 3 9’s with assistance will run. Whatever issued settled or again dug up I’ll wait to see what others suggest.

The Gen5 9’s have brought their own issues to the table.....I’ll let others deal with them .

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    AdamRodgers likes this.
  17. Bradd D

Bradd D

What issues?

michael_b likes this.
  18. Operator_AF

Operator_AF

I think it has more to do with economics for Glock. Currently Glock offers a bunch of the same gun in a bunch of different chamberings. I bet Glock would save money if they could move 95% of their production to 17,19,26,34,43,43X,45 etc. I think we would have seen the Gen5 guns come out in at least .45 by now if Glock had plans to do that. They don't and I wouldn't be shocked if they stopped or dramatically reduced production of the .40 guns in the near future. That is if they haven't already.

19. TacticalDesire

TacticalDesire

I see them moving away .40 for the time being except for specific LE contracts/requests.

20. Rocky7

Considering your response, my best suggestion would be for you to buy extras of a platform that you appreciate. I do not believe the present inventory will persist forever. Political climates change and men do change laws. For $300.00 one can buy extra gratification.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019