New Brazilian G22 ?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by ChrisD46, Sep 9, 2019.

1. shadowlands

shadowlands

I'm personally not sacrificing efficiency. I shoot my G27 better than my G42. Just as fast and on target. The .40 snap isn't an issue for me.

Buckeye63 likes this.

2. TacticalDesire

TacticalDesire

If that's indeed the case, then you'd shoot a G26 even better.

Now, back to the Brazilian G22.

jr24 likes this.
  3. shadowlands

shadowlands

This posting is about the new Brazilian .40 G22 and the hope that they find their way to the US market, last time I checked. Not the promotion of 9mm. I personally would love to see a Gen5 G23 some day. If it doesn't happy, life goes on. Like I said before, I'm not putting down 9mm, I also carry a .380 that I trust my life with. To each his own.

triggerjerk likes this.
  4. X65

X65

I would challenge you to shoot a Bill Drill with a G22 and a G17. Those are the exact same guns with the only difference being caliber. The 27 and 42 isn’t the best comparison. I would say your Bill Drill would probably be nicer with the 17.

5. shadowlands

shadowlands

Not true for me. I tried them both. Shot the G27 just the same, so I opted for the G27. It's my favorite gun, period.
    And yes, back to the G22. I don't want it, but I do want a G23 in Gen5 someday, if it becomes a thing.

6. shadowlands

shadowlands

I wouldn't mind. I'd like a G17 one day. But like I said the .40 snap that I hear so much about doesn't bother me. Shoot, I'm stuck shooting 12 gauge slugs from time to time.
    Now that, I can feel.

7. H&K .45 AUTO

H&K .45 AUTO Gunslinger

I personally wouldn't want a "beefed up" .40 S&W pistol. In my opinion, that takes away one of the advantages that I get with a Glock chambered for that caliber.

The way I see it, a Glock in .40 S&W offers the same size pistol as a 9mm, with only a very slight reduction in capacity, a heavier/larger diameter projectile that hits harder than a 9mm and most .45 ACP, and is easy/cheap to find parts/magazines for.

If I am saddled with a larger gun, I would want more power, and 10mm Auto is already available. I have owned 10mm pistols before, and decided that although they were awesome, I simply don't use a pistol for anything that justifies the compromises required to keep them around (larger framed guns, can only find ammo online, far more expensive, having to pay careful attention when ordering ammo to ensure that I'm not just getting .40 S&W level performance).

I am very happy with the current .40 offerings from Glock. If their idea for a Gen 5 in .40 is to make it bigger... They can keep it. I am happy with the ones that I have.

TeaDub, Borg Warner and shadowlands like this.
  8. shadowlands

shadowlands

You nailed my thoughts. That's exactly whey I picked my G27 over the G26. I tried them both. I was just as fast/accurate with either, so I opted for the .40 because it's the same size gun.
    Reminds me of the Hi-Point .380 & 9mm made in the very same size. In that case, I'd get the 9mm. If someone made a .45 & .22 in the same size frame, I'd get the .45, though the .22 would kick less and allow you to place more shots on target in less time. LOL

9. bac1023

bac1023

Nope

It will always be around

10. JBP55

JBP55

In small numbers.

11. bac1023

bac1023

I’m not a fan of 40, but I feel it will always be a major player, after 9mm and 45ACP.

michael_b likes this.
  12. Ranger357

Ranger357 Just pixels

I’m going to sell my 26 and 17 just so I don’t get lumped in with the 9mm zealots who come running to every thread not about a Glock 19 like Hari Krishna recruiters at the airport. I just can’t give up the 19x though :crying:

I’ve been hoping for the Gen 5 22 for a year now. As Glock has made “trade in’s” part of it LE business model for a long time, and with a flood of Glock 22’s on the market, I think does not bode well. A man can dream though!

shadowlands likes this.
  13. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

"The recoil and pressure of the round isn’t worth its ballistic performance compared to 9mm."

The 9mm and the 40 S&W are loaded to the exact same pressure levels. And 9mm NATO, 9mm+P and 9mm +P+ are all higher pressure rounds than the 40. As far as recoil, I notice very little difference in recoil between a G17 and a G22 particularly between 40 S&W 180 grain standard pressure and 9mm +P 124 grain.

Between a 9mm shield and a 40 shield there is more of a difference in recoil, but much less when comparing a full size G17 to a G22. And what minimal difference there is in actual recoil is not going to effect accuracy or rate of fire by anything but fractions of an inch or fractions of a second for someone who knows how to shoot.

14. H&K .45 AUTO

H&K .45 AUTO Gunslinger

I would agree. I am among an entire generation of cops who have trusted the .40 to get the job done when it counts, and it has done an excellent job.

A lot of the guys older than me swear by the .45, and a lot of the younger guys say that the 9mm is where its at. There is a level of confidence that comes from seeing the equipment you carry go into harms way and come out on top.

I don't know if the pendulum will ever swing back to where the .40 is the most popular, but for me, that simply doesn't matter. I don't buy things to fit in with the cool kids, or to make others happy. I buy based upon what I perceive to be the best option for MY needs based upon MY experiences and observations.

I'm pretty sure I am not alone.

Mike-M, RetropM and Ranger357 like this.
  15. shadowlands

shadowlands

I like it. Indeed.

16. amd65

amd65

I agree. I’m a long time fan of the 9mm, and though I once owned a G23, I am perfectly happy with the 9mm. I shoot it in the G17 and G26.
    But, I couldn’t resist a like new Gen4 G22, courtesy the lemming like police who instantaneously throw away perfectly good pistols.
    I was surprised to find it felt about the same as my +P+ loaded G17.
    Brought it home from it’s first range trip, loaded it with 180gn HST, and proclaimed prime house pistol. It has gone ccw’ing a few times, too.

Mike-M and Borg Warner like this.
  17. RetropM

RetropM

You definitely aren't alone, hence why I carry a .357 sig quite often or, as is your forum name, an HK45.

18. harold63

harold63 I'm not retired

Nor me. Shooting a G35 right behind a G41 makes the G35 feel like a 9mm, in a sense. Unfortunately, many never warm up to the recoil of .40 S&W out of a light weight hand gun. I was just with a girl that shot a few mags with one of my Gen 4 34's and then shot a 40 cal S&W M&P 2.0 compact. 3 or 4 rounds in, she put it down and asked to have the G34 back. I have to assume it's like that for a lot of people. Those that do well with it will keep the .40 and the Glocks that shoot it alive for a long time.

19. harold63

harold63 I'm not retired

I've no idea what 'beefier' they're doing to it, but if the slide on the 35 was the size of 10mm slides, I'd have never bought the 35. The slide size is why I chose the 41 over the 21.