Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sent my G19 Gen5 slide to GLOCK for the Ameriglo BOLD sights. Had it back exactly one week later.

Oddly enough, they installed the .180” front sight as opposed to the .200” that Ameriglo lists as standard for the Gen5.

That said, it shoots dead on at 10, 15 and 20 yards. The fine folks at Glock even included the target they used to test POA/POI at 15 yards.

I LOVE these sights! Kudos to the folks at Ameriglo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
775 Posts
Those look real nice. I just called Glock today inquiring of pricing to do this to my 19 gen 4 as well. I like that they test it and show you the results. Great CS.

I actually half want either TRUGLO TFX Pro’s or maybe the Mepro Bullseye sights but I also would love to send it to Glock for these and feel confident in their gunsmith work. All the shops I’ve visited locally say they can do installs but then when I ask more technical questions it’s apparent they don’t know very much, so it makes me concerned that I couldn’t get my gun back with sights installed and it not be zeroed or done correctly.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sent my G19 Gen5 slide to GLOCK for the Ameriglo BOLD sights. Had it back exactly one week later.

Oddly enough, they installed the .180” front sight as opposed to the .200” that Ameriglo lists as standard for the Gen5.

That said, it shoots dead on at 10, 15 and 20 yards. The fine folks at Glock even included the target they used to test POA/POI at 15 yards.

I LOVE these sights! Kudos to the folks at Ameriglo.
What do they charge for that?
Sights?
Labor?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are they the .140" wide front or .125" wide front? I also wanted the .180" height front so this is good - would like to send my G19FS Gen4 in for the Bold's -
.140 wide, which seems perfect to me. I think the .125 front would be too narrow, at least for my taste.

·
Registered
27 Posts
$100 (plus local sales tax = $106) installed.

Was real pleased to have it back so quickly.

One more question I meant to ask, was about shipping costs...
At first I was thinking that you only had to send them the slide, which I think would make things easier than shipping the whole gun...but then I remembered that you said they sighted it in/test fired it.
Anyway...
If you don't mind sharing, what did that run and what kind of PIA was it?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
One more question I meant to ask, was about shipping costs...
At first I was thinking that you only had to send them the slide, which I think would make things easier than shipping the whole gun...but then I remembered that you said they sighted it in/test fired it.
Anyway...
If you don't mind sharing, what did that run and what kind of PIA was it?
I only sent the slide. They used another frame/barrel to test fire it. It’s even noted on the pic of the target.

·
Have Gun Will Travel
3,456 Posts
Nice shooting! I wish I would've tried Ameriglo sights before investing in so many sets of HDs. I just ordered another set of Ameriglos (Agent sights) for my Gen5. I've been running CAP's, which I really like but I want a tritium rear sight. (I think they're just like the ones you have except for the u-notch rear.) Supposed to arrive Saturday. Can't wait!

·
"Tactical Elf"
2,989 Posts
I am running .180 on all my 5th gen glocks as well. One came with a .200 front, the other came with a .220 front. Both shot low and I use yellow/green fronts anyway. Swapped them out with .180 and now they all shot POA/POI out to 25.

I am not sure what is going on with Glock and these height variations that are being installed on the 5th Gens from the factory. Another officer in the depart has a 5th Gen G17 and his front is a .220 and the gun shoots low as well. I have a .180 orange in route from Ameriglo for his also.

IMO the .180 seem to be a better fit for them 5th Gens, at least the ones I have seen and shot. Anything but a .180 and they seem to be shooting low. That holds true to either the bold (square notch) rear, or the FBI, Gov (u notch) rear. I am running both types of rears and the .180 works best for both of them.

TXPO

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.