Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up the new full size Beretta PX4 Storm in .40 S&W after lunch time. VERY happy it arrived today not another day waiting for it.

First impressions are that it's a real winner. I was going to try out the various interchangeable backstraps but the first effort bothered/annoyed me. The gun is bone dry and suspect a bit of oil will cure the issue. The gun is as butt simple for dis/reassembly as I've heard people say it is. Like a Glock on disassembly, perhaps even easier on assembly. As I said the gun is bone dry, slide and barrel need lubrication.

The DA trigger is just fine, I see no reason to mess with it at this time for an improvement even with the guru and national class shooter Ernest Langdon, a former Marine with sandbox experience and his own special editions and accessories at Langdon Tactical. SA trigger is even better with some travel before you easily notice you're getting serious. Crisp break.

So, will give it some TLC in a few minutes in the form of lubrication and better familiarization. The plastic loading tool is a joke and my Ruger tool won't work so I guess I might try a Magula Uplula. 14 rds might be a pain in the fingers. Two mags came with the gun and to my surprise, a cleaning rod and a couple bore brushes.

Happy camper. Ammo coming Thursday, powder and brass hopefully before the end of Sat. Don

·
Registered
13,233 Posts
Congratulations, but were are the pictures?

·
Registered
20,761 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase. The Beretta PX4 Storm is a cool and interesting pistol. You don't see too many modern production pistols using a rotating barrel design. I have one in 9mm and it's a pleasure to shoot.

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Unfortunately, I'm stone age in terms of uploading pictures to forums. Embarrassing but haven't found the time. Don
Glock talk is the easiest foru I'm own for uploading a pic!
You DO NOT need a host sight. When you are making a new posting, look at your options below the box you're typing in and upload a pic from your PC.

·
M62/76
12,545 Posts
Always fun to pick up new stuff- congrats on the Beretta

·
Registered
12,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Well, lets see if my first attempt at posting a picture works. Even if it does, it's certainly not bac1023 grade photography. Don
Edited to add: Well Hell, the photo was on my draft on the PC but not here.

Factory ammo arriving tomorrow, hopefully brass by Friday so I can also take some reloads to the range to ensure they work as they should. I'm about 99% confident that my handloads will function like factory.

Buying this gun was an act of faith, glad I didn't screw up. Hadn't handled this gun before I ordered it online. Bass Pro Shops won't let you pull a trigger so what good is that?

Thankfully, everything about the gun pleases me.

I even tried so see if the most challenging case of CCW with this gun would work. I'm lean and tried shorts and a close fitting shirt, no t-shirt underneath. It was there but just barely. If someone who was very knowledgeable were to stare at my midsection, they might say "He's carrying". No one other than a cop should be paying that much attention to my midsection. Don

·
Man, I'm Pretty
30,412 Posts
As a minimum you owe yourself a "D" spring. It will sweeten the DA and is 100% reliable. Just make sure you get the one for the PX-4. The 92 spring will fit but will actually make the pull heavier.

Congrats on acquiring a great gun.

I just put the EL trigger bar in my .40 Compact it drastically reduces the SA reset. Overtravel in both Sa/Da is also significantly reduced.

It may not be for everyone but like the EL trigger bar in my 92 it transforms the gun in my opinion.

Regards,
Happyguy:)

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Congrats on a terrific firearm. What version is it, F or G?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts