New Beretta APX full size FDE , what a deal

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by triaxle, Nov 24, 2019.

1. 45caldan

45caldan

It’s a hell of a gun for the money but I was ho hum about mine...

2. bueshy

bueshy

Yea I'm in the same boat. Rather perplexing.

3. MrS&W

MrS&W

I agree with Dreadnought. I have Glocks, M&P 2.0s, XD and XD Mod 2s, polymer, CZs etc, and now they've all taken a back seat. The out the box trigger and the trip is better than most of the competition, and it feels better in my hand than Glocks and M&Ps. My one and only complaint is with the stock sights.

TheDreadnought, BCC73 and bigchuck83 like this.
  4. bigchuck83

bigchuck83

The only real downside i can find with the Beretta APX is the lack of good sight options, last i checked there isn't even a suppressor height sight option for the combat model either. Other than that it is a very good striker fired pistol and i still carry my full size model often.

5. BCC73

BCC73

Maybe last question....anyone comment on the grip angle ??
    Looks similar to Glocks, and I'm not a huge fan of that.
    Hopefully the Sight market improves, but this thing has to sell before that happens !

6. GlockWheeler

GlockWheeler

To be honest, the APX grip is more similar to my HK VP9 than any any other gun I own. It fits my hand very well. As far as sights, I will not try to change out sights on another APX myself. I ended up sending the slide on my first APX to Trijicon for installation of Trijicon HD sights. The factory sights are extraordinarily tight, especially the rear.

BCC73 likes this.
  7. MrS&W

MrS&W

Trijicon now makes some for the APX and Beretta has two other night sights options as well as adjustable fiber optic sights. Beretta is supposed to be coming out with suppressor hight sights next year per YouTube review. I can't recall which channel I heard that on, but I know it was from a prominent popular YouTube personality.

8. BCC73

BCC73

He's funny, but the LAST place I would go for Gunsmith tutorials !!!!

9. sizziano

sizziano

10. nmglock

nmglock

It will take years for LGS around here to sell all high priced models before he can sell the cheaper priced models. Small stores cannot afford to drop prices on items they already purchased from distributor.

11. GlockWheeler

GlockWheeler

The above video is the second I have watched where people complained about how hard it is to field strip the APX. Reading the owner's manual must be a hard concept these days. LOL.

sizziano and MrS&W like this.
  12. TheDreadnought

TheDreadnought

Find one in a store and hold it in your hand. It will feel like a natural extension of your hand and arm.

MrS&W likes this.
  13. MrS&W

MrS&W

People need to just stop it already. If they think the APX is hard to break down, they do not have the coordination required to operate a firearm period. I've changed out the grip frame and frame module as well as completely broke down the slide to install their competition spring. Of course, I've field stripped it dozens of times too. I can't respect the advice or opinion of any of these YouTube personalities who do not bother to read the manual or do any research before doing their so called "tutorials" and "reviews." In the case of Yankee Marshal, he has a habit of saying controversial things and being overly dramatic in order to be funny, entertaining, and to get views.

Sorry for the bad quality. I used my old point and shoot camera to make a quick video. Compare this video and the other (One Handed Field Strip) video I posted to Yankee's and other videos on YT, and then ask yourself why there is such a huge discrepancy? This was with my APX Centurion which started out as a black APX Compact. I purchased the FDE Grip Centurion grip for it. The other APX is a brand new, out the box, unfired APX in FDE that I picked up from my FFL approx 4:30p yesterday.. That is, it has not been broken in yet in any way.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  14. MrS&W

MrS&W

There are other videos claiming the same. Then people who never tied it run to forums, social media, and the comment section of other YT videos spreading this misconception.

15. MrS&W

MrS&W

[​IMG]
    The APX is approx 1 millimeter thicker than Glock 9mm slide. It's 2 millimeter thicker than Glocks at the flared out serrated parts of the slide. A minor difference that does not affect concealability from my experience. I'm not at home, so I can not measure my other handguns. I will say that it's looks thinner than Sig slides and the slide on my CZ P07.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  16. glockguns

glockguns

I agree with all the above. Excellent Ergos, great trigger. It's alot of fun to shoot. I too may change out the stock sights some day. A few tidbits... They fired over 1 million rounds and consulted with 500 military and law enforcement professionals in the design and development of this firearm. Beretta is located in Val Trompe region of Italy. It's the same river valley where they mined iron ore during the Roman Empire. Own a piece of history ? :)

grecco and MrS&W like this.
  17. glockguns

glockguns

It's not anything like a Glock angle. Try to hold one at your LGS if they have any. If you look at alot of reviews, they mostly say the same thing... excellent ergos.

BCC73 and MrS&W like this.
  18. ShipWreck

ShipWreck Beretta 92 Nut!

I put the Ameriglo sights on mine - Ordered from Beretta USA and installed by them:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. bueshy

bueshy

You wanna know what is difficult about the APX? Changing out the sights yourself. Ive broken one sight pusher and the other one ive used does not work. The sights remain unmoved and unscathed. It appears ive met my match lol