New batteries for my Glock tactical light...mucho dinero!!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Jack23, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Jack23

Jack23 I. B. Glockin'

I bought a Glock tactical light about 3 years ago and have enjoyed it and used it often. Once, while visiting up in the country I even used it to bag a possum one dark and moonless night with my G-23.

Well, nothing lasts forever right? Last night I was checking by G-21 which I keep next to the bed and I have that light mounted on it. I hit the switch and ZIPPO...nuttin' happened.

I have never had the cover off the battery compartment so I popped it open to see what kind of batteries I needed. Turned out to be two lithium size 123. Still didn't know what I was up against....Those flippin' things are nealy 10 bux each!

So now I have my tac light back on the 21 but I'm down 20 bux over the deal. That just ain't right.....:upeyes:

2. scowan007

scowan007 memberrific!!!

buy them directly from surefire. a box of a dozen 123 batteries is $21.00

www.surefire.com

3. Jack23

Jack23 I. B. Glockin'

Thanks. I'll have to keep that in mind. I think my Digital camera uses the same battery. But as long as they last I doubt I'd live long enough to use half of em. LOL! But thanks for the link and I'll surely stock up. I'll be leaving all my Glocks to my son anyway so I guess I might just as well leave him the batteries too, eh? :supergrin:

4. wotblake

wotblake

I buy mine from here. They are a little over $1 each.

http://www.batterystation.com/cr123a.htm

I always order one of their Pelican 1010 cases that holds 15 of them. Really nice way to store extra batteries for us gadget nerds.:hearts: :supergrin:

5. adaman04

adaman04

Man if that is the only white light you own you are WAY behind. Get yourself a Surefire G2 or a Streamlight Scorpion. Then, throw away all the Maglites and all the other useless crap that these will replace.

12 batteries for $20 is about the most I would ever pay and that's straight from SF. Now you know.:supergrin:

6. Glockster_James

Glockster_James Man W/ A Badge