Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
♥Meezers♥
6,738 Posts
adorable Buster!!!!

Can you approach them when they are that young??? Keep posting pics!!! We don't get many horse pics in here.......

·
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Peach,
They are pretty shy when born,but you can pet her when mom's feeding. I have to give her her shots today so i'll see how it goes.:)

·
Registered
18,802 Posts
I got to see a couple hours old colt a few years ago. My neighbors were boarding their horses at a stable. They told me about it and I had to go see it too :)

·
♥Meezers♥
6,738 Posts
Hey Buster.........

So if her dad is a donkey, and mom is a horse, she is a mule right?? Are mules sterile??? Have mules ever been bred to other mules???

It's an interesting science because dogs can cross breed.......but I guess mules, donkeys and horses are all really different species.........

·
Jason
325 Posts
Congratulations on the new addition.
Little ones are cute.
John

·
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by ATL Peach Girl
Hey Buster.........

So if her dad is a donkey, and mom is a horse, she is a mule right?? Are mules sterile??? Have mules ever been bred to other mules???

It's an interesting science because dogs can cross breed.......but I guess mules, donkeys and horses are all really different species.........
Yes ,she is a mule,and they are sterile.You have to have horses and donkeys to make mules. If her dad was a horse and mom a donkey she would be a "hinnie". A+ for you peach :)

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
Originally posted by buster55
Yes ,she is a mule,and they are sterile.You have to have horses and donkeys to make mules. If her dad was a horse and mom a donkey she would be a "hinnie". A+ for you peach :)
Just curious, can you tell the difference between a mule and a hinnie?

·
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by RCJenkins
Just curious, can you tell the difference between a mule and a hinnie?
The hinnies are the oddballs,some people say they are more like a horse,but usually you can't tell them apart. Hinnies may be smaller
because donkeys are usually smaller than horses.I'm no expert,and opinions vary on the subject.

·
Member When?
338 Posts
:shocked: That's a BIG baby.:supergrin: Great pic Buster! I'd love to see more as she grows.

·
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well my wife finally got around to naming our new mule,her name is Glenda, she is 3 months old now and is a real handful,the combination horse/donkey really makes them spunky. She has a deep chocolate coat
and is growing up fast.She is nibbling at the grass now that we got her away from mom for a while. :)

·
Member When?
338 Posts
:) Wow, she is really growing Buster! Thanks for the update, keep the pics coming as she grows.:thumbsup: By the way, what are your plans for her?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.