close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New assault weapon/magazine ban coming to IL

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by TheDreadnought, Oct 10, 2017.

1. TheDreadnought

TheDreadnought

slamdunc likes this.
  2. B C

B C

"We're not coming for your guns."

Then they came for our guns.

3. wjv

wjv Zip It Stan Lee.. . .

I'm shocked. . . shocked I tell you. . .
    Next you will be telling me that Chicago is run by Democrats!

4. Gray_Rider

Gray_Rider

And watch for the historic drop in crime, especially "gun violence"! Once the law is enacted!

Gun bans have worked every time the law abiding are denied their constitutional rights. Criminals swear by them!

Huzzah, E Pluribus Unum, and twaddle!

Gray_Rider
    Old Secessh

5. Gray_Rider

Gray_Rider

And watch for the historic drop in crime, especially "gun violence"! Once the law is enacted!

Gun bans have worked every time the law abiding are denied their constitutional rights. Criminals swear by them!

Huzzah, E Pluribus Unum, and twaddle!

Gray_Rider
    Old Secessh

Just Glocks likes this.
  6. jame

jame I don't even know....what I'm doing here....

I wonder if this might get Springfield off the fence, and have them jump the Mississippi River over here to Iowa?

We're VERY gun friendly here, and they would be quite welcome.

Just Glocks, Gray_Rider and Bish1309 like this.
  7. nursetim

nursetim

“I’m from the government, I’m here to help”
    “If you like your health plan, you can keep your health plan.”
    “No new taxes.”
    These are just a few of the lies we’ve been told. And yet we continue to believe the sheet as a society. :upeyes:

8. grumpy1

grumpy1

Slim chance of it happening but they keep trying and trying. Bloomberg money tried to do some major gun control legislation recently but so far it has failed. The democrats want a state licensing board for FFLs and gun stores that would be run by gun hating liberals with emergency powers that would give them the right to shut down a gun store at will when ever they though it was in the best interest of public safety.

Illinois is regarded as a blue state but only a handful of counties, including Crook County, account for that while the rest are typically red. Here is election county map from 2010 where the democrat won the race for governor winning only three freaking counties!

Crook County is a cancerous tumor killing the whole state.

[​IMG]

9. KUETSA

KUETSA

"This law will turn millions of Illinois residents, law-abiding Illinois residents, into felons overnight," Clements said.
    WELCOME TO NY (& CT)
    "The bill bans magazines with more than 10 rounds."
    "NO ONE NEEDS 10 BULLETS TO KILL A DEER!"
    JOIN THE PARTY

"those types of weapons are for mass destruction and should be reserved for military or trained officials."
    No, those are the firearms that ENABLE THE CAPABILITY intended by the Second Amendment of keeping secure our freedoms and safety against the next political party that "evolves" to be the NEW NAZIS! The Second Amendment ensures that the GESTAPO will not have a monopoly to them. They are OURS, not to be turned in to you, rather TO FIGHT YOU.

"It shows the agenda of the anti-gun group," Illinois State Rifle Association Executive Director Richard Pearson said. "They want to ban everything they can."
    Well, for now, as long as they "TAKE THE CAPABILITY"!
    Once "THE CAPABILITY" is gone - they'll do what they want to us without regard.

This sounds like the NY SAFE Act - Andrew Cuomo sent a copy to Commiefornia recently - Why not IL - You got the "PERFECT MASSACRE" to force it through. It even has the same mandatory registration to a confiscation list. (Their goal) At this point they would confiscate if they had "THE LIST".

In NY 96% of "ASSAULT WEAPON" owners said F*** YOU - and are now felons - In CT it was 85% that told them to GO SCREW.

It's just a matter of time before they force "push to come to shove".
    They laugh at peaceful protests and litigation.
    In CT gun owners made their own list - it was so effective that all talk of confiscation STOPPED.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6ICoHUFgkA

4 Months later NY's law went into effect with a 4% compliance rate and no one said a word.

Armed Standoff

The Gorsuch Supreme Court needs to declare these laws UNCONSTITUTIONAL - it's the only peaceable way to settle this.

Just Glocks, mj9mm, pgg00 and 3 others like this.
  10. BC42

BC42

Similar to NY State. Glad I don't live there anymore.

[​IMG]

ithaca_deerslayer, refugeepj and fx77 like this.
  11. vart

vart

Maybe MORE gun friendly than Illinois but I don't recall ever even seeing a gun shop in Iowa. Most people I knew who had guns in Iowa were pheasant hunters.

The laws may be more lax, but the culture there is definitely not remotely as close to being gun friendly as my area.

Iowa isn't even in the top ten states of per capita gun ownership...

http://www.businessinsider.com/gun-ownership-by-state-2015-7

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

12. vart

vart

It wouldn't surprise me if the Seattle area libtards attempt to enact similar laws. The Eastern side of the state is on the verge of seceding already. More gun control would push things over the edge, I'm afraid.

Just Glocks and nursetim like this.
  13. vart

vart

I find it ridiculous that the proposed bill in Illinois includes the banning of any handgun which weighs more than 50ozs. Really? Why?

A Ruger Redhawk Hunter weighs 54ozs. I didn't realize that 6-shot hunting handguns were such a scary and frightening thing. Idiots...

14. jame

jame I don't even know....what I'm doing here....

Nice chart.

If you didn't see any gun shops, vart, you weren't looking hard enough. I've got no less than 10 places I can walk into and buy what I want sitting 25 miles of me.

You may have met a few pheasant hunters in your short time here. I know many hunters as well, as I am one. I also know competitive shooters, collectors, historians,and gunsmiths

I was only referring to Illinois, as I have no idea where you live, and if its not Illinois, it wasn't part of the side conversation.

15. Pluto57

Pluto57

A perfect example of why we have the electoral college on a national level. It would seem, tho, that the Illinois state legislature should be Republican. It looks like it would be hard to gerrymander lots of Dems into every district. Who holds the state legislature?

refugeepj likes this.
  16. TheDreadnought

TheDreadnought

Democrats have a super-majority of course.

refugeepj likes this.
  17. Stahlhelm

Stahlhelm

I wouldn't lose sleep over it. I've been a resident of IL since the early 80's and there have ALWAYS been Democrat wingnuts trying to eliminate the 2nd Amendment here. 95% of them reside in Cook County/Chicago. Like the map shows above, once you get away from that cesspool the overwhelming majority of the state is Republican & pro-2nd.

Just Glocks and refugeepj like this.
  18. heavyduty

heavyduty

Maybe edit the thread title to be more accurate?

19. kaisooba

kaisooba

I am sure that the gang bangers will be the first to turn there's in.......

Just Glocks, KUETSA, TGT and 5 others like this.
  20. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

I have a friend who has his own small business in Peoria. Gun rights are the last thing he worries about as an Illinois resident. He worries about the catastrophic debt and pension funding crash that is coming. He knows his retirement will have to be in another state, he just hopes he can get out before they take it all. Progressives say they want a civilized society, what you have when progressives get a majority is a society so civilized, it is uncivilized.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    Just Glocks, nursetim, Cambo and 2 others like this.