New Albany GSSF-IM 1st match results

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by NASR, Aug 25, 2007.

1. NASR

NASR Guest

Thanks to all that attended. We had 3 GSSF shooters who shot their first ever IM today. The weather was hot, might have kept attendance low because the heat index.

54 total runs, less than our normal percentage of 500's.

The results can be viewed here.

The 2nd match of this series will be held on Saturday, Sept 22nd, from 10am to 3pm.

2. ANeat

ANeat Got Pb?

Some good shooters there:thumbsup: Man that would suck to throw down a 500/41X and come in 3rd place:shocked:

3. vmw

vmw

Yeah, it does. Gotta put a few more down range before next month.

4. ANeat

ANeat Got Pb?

Well Vern that is some good shootin no less. Ive only done one indoor series this past spring and have not shot a 500 myself yet. Done a couple in practice but not in a match yet.

Where do you find is the hardest portion of the match for you. The 10 shots in 30 secs @75 feet or the 10 shots in 15 secs @50 feet.

In one match I shot a 498 with the one shot I dropped out at the 50 feet/10 shots in 15 sec target:upeyes:

5. vmw

vmw

The toughest for me is the 75' on the clean target. I have a tendency to shoot using the just shot holes as the sighting point. T1 is easy because of the hole created at 15' & 25'. I shoot with both eyes open, using glasses that have the dominate eye focused at the front sight and the off eye focused at 50+'. I string the shots at 75' vertically more than horizontally because the gun and front sight are wider than the target and I loose where the vertical middle of the target is. Left, right it's easier to center because the front sight is about half of the entire 5 point zone.

Someone who has shot a whole lot more 500's than me has said the following about indoor shooting; "You win the match at 75' and lose the match at 50'". That has proven an accurate statement for me as the one I've 'blown' the most is T2 at 50' (no large hole to shoot at).

6. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

On the T-2 Target you should have big holes to shoot at since you do the 25' feet one first and put 5 shots in it before sending it out to 50ft. But, yes, you do lose at 50 ft and win them at 75.

7. vmw

vmw

Sharon, you're spending WAY too much time at outdoor matches.

T2 is 75', 10 shots, 30 seconds;
    Then 25', 5 shots, 15 seconds;
    Then 50', 5 shots, 15 seconds;

T1 is shot going out at 15', 25' and 50', 15 seconds, 10 shots each distance.

Trust me on this one.

For those that see an error in the close distance, yes, GSSF-IM calls for 12' but our range has a problem with muzzle blast blowing the targets at 12' so they use 15'.

8. stgha

stgha

Hello!
    I've been lurking around for quite a while but now have finaly registered....
    I am one of the 3 1st time shooters at the match. Must say everyone did a super job helping me out!
    Everyone there when out of their way to make me comfortable and understand the rules and order of the shoot.
    I did as much reading on the indoor match rules as possible, but it is always different when you are there....
    I had alot of fun, and am happy with how I did first time out (shot a 496 with a used G17 I bought a couple months ago).
    Thanks again to everyone there for being so helpful, I am sure this will not be my last shoot!
    For anyone else who has never done one, please give it a try. The range officers will make sure you are safe, and that you have a great time!!

Steve

9. NASR

NASR Guest

Steve,

Glad you had a good experience at the match. Look forward to seeing you shoot your first 500 at the match next month. Dry firing at a D-2 target will do wonders.