New Adoptee

Discussion in 'Woof Memorial Critter's Corner' started by OMEGA5, Feb 18, 2007.

1. OMEGA5

OMEGA5

Few months back we adopted a little 3yr old Pom. He was pitiful. Flea and tick bites had his skin just one mass of raw flesh from all his constant scratching. His poor ears were so sore from earmites he would squall when you touched them. His dull lusterless hair was falling out by the handfulls. He had been fed table scraps only. Didn't know what dog food was. He had been mistreated too. First time I picked up a fly swat he dang near had a heart attack. Started shacking so bad we thought he was going to pass out.
    Now, 6 mo later he's healthy, happy and a pure joy to have around. He loves to ride my motorcycle. Wife puts him in a baby carrier and he's the perfect little gentleman on the bike. His hair is back and shines, his skin is clear and white, his ears are clean and pink and his teeth are even looking better. He loves his new home and owners too. He's very protective of us. Here's a pic I took last month.

2. Stillhuntn

Stillhuntn

Awesome looking family member. You and your wife have done a great job.

3. OMEGA5

OMEGA5

Thanks Stillhuntn. He's won our hearts. He's extremely gentle and sweet. Can't imagine why he was treated the way he was. Poor pup didn't know how to play. He does now and is trying his best to make up for lost time :)
    Shoot safe,
    Dano

4. 10mm4ME!

10mm4ME! Guest

5. OMEGA5

OMEGA5

Took this one today.

6. PeterJasonMN

PeterJasonMN ****

Kinda looks like my mom's Pom-Chi.

7. OMEGA5

OMEGA5

He's an AKC registered Pomeranian but don't look like the usual Poms you see. He thinks he's a Rotweiler and we haven't told him any different.:) He's definitely a member of the family. Loves to ride my motorcyle as much as I do.
    Shoot safe,

8. RPBROWN

RPBROWN Guest

Great looking pup there.

All of our pets have been rescues and all have been the best you could ask for.

Our latest is a Golden Retreiver. We got her 9 months ago when she was about 5 months old. The rescue group found her tied to a tree by the highway. She had been there so long her skin had grown over the rope. Today she is a healthy 65 lbs. and happy to have others to play with.

So I applaud any and all that adopt rescues.

9. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

What a cute little puffball :hearts:

Our four kitties are rescues :)

10. OMEGA5

OMEGA5

http://www.frecklestn.org/
    This is where we got him. It's my sisters effort to get a no kill shelter going where she lives. Check out her site and give her a hand if you can.
    Ride safe,
    Dano

11. Frost

Frost

If I live to be a hundred I will never understand the scum that mistreats dogs!!!!

We have a rescue Dobie named Molly that is the sweetest dog I have ever owned. When we got her she did not know what to do with toys.
    Boy has she changed especially since she got her new friend Merlin Thunderpaws

12. NITE SITE 53

NITE SITE 53

What a cute lil guy. Thank you for doing this. Our next kitties will be from a shelter. Welcome Home!

13. OMEGA5

OMEGA5

Just spent 3 days in Montgomery Bell State Park with Buddy. We hiked every trail there and had a ball.
    Ride safe,