close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New 9mm OEM Extractor From Midway - warning big pics

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by HKLovingIT, Jul 25, 2012.

1. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

Warning - large photos - did not re-size them

Apologize in advance for my captions being angled weird. Did not mean to give anyone a neck ache. I'll figure that out for next time.

If your browser supports it, you should be able to click the pictures and zoom in really close if you like.

We have here the allegedly new 9mm, non-dip extractor to hit the pipeline. I have provided some comparison shots between it, a non-dip installed as a replacement in my G17 under warranty in late March/Early April (original pistol came with a dipped), and a dipped one also ordered from Midway a year or two ago.

All are MIM. All bear a mold mark on the round leg. Sorry forgot to write them all down before I put my stuff away. I beleive the one Glock put in was number 4. The new one from Midway was either a 1 or a 7. The number was really small.

I don't really have a strong opinion on MIM either way. As long as it works and doesn't break cool. After all, some people on here told me the whole Space Shuttle was MIM. Who da thunk it?

Both the dipped and the Glock replaced one have been in my G17 that gives brass facials. If you don't believe in the phenomenon just stop reading the thread. I won't go into all that. I don't care to argue anymore, you win Glock marketing reps, you wore me out. Just posting pics.

Round count on the dipped should be pretty close. Round count on the Glock replacement is there within 100 or 200 on that part. Have not fired with the new one yet. Wanted to post pics for those interested.

First up the package wrapping. This is the wrapper from the new one I received today and the wrapper from the dipped one I ordered a year or two go.

[​IMG]

Next up will be a series of the extractors: new non-dipped, non-dipped replaced by Glock in late March/Early April, and dipped purchased a year or two ago. Labeled in pictures.

Shot 1

[​IMG]

Shot 2

[​IMG]

Shot 3

[​IMG]

Shot 4

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  2. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

This is the new non dipped, from Midway, in the slide:

[​IMG]

Here is the non-dipped replacement Glock put in during service, in the slide.

[​IMG]

Here is the new non-dipped, from Midway, in the slide, side view.

[​IMG]

That's all I have. Have not had a chance to try the new part to see if it solves it for good. The original dipped it came with was horrible. The replacement was much, much better when it came back from the factory, but still does it enough to annoy.

I will try to get out and shoot with the new part as soon as I can with a variety of American Manufacture, SAAMI spec, name brand ammo as commonly purchased in any police supply, sporting goods store or gun shop across the United States. It will be ammo that I know shoots very well in all my other 9mm Glocks without issue. :tongueout:

Thanks,

HK

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012

3. voyager4520

voyager4520

Thanks for the pics. The claw dimensions do look different between them, the dipped old Midway looks like it has the least inset claw and the very tip of the claw looks "open" if that makes any sense. The replacement from Glock looks like the claw is more inset, but still a little "open". The new Midway looks more inset, but the tip of the claw looks more closed.

With my ~2009 non-dip MIM extractor, the tip of the claw wore down so that it was jagged, the metal must be pretty soft. The replacement non-LCI investment cast extractor I used doesn't even have the finish worn off the tip of the claw, nor does the investment cast LCI extractor from my ~2004 G23. Both simply have a little finish worn off the bottom face.

4. Glock_9mm

Glock_9mm

Great pics, thanks for posting those.
    Scott

5. Made in Austria

Made in Austria

Thanks for the great info HKLovingIT! The claw dimensions look different to me too.

6. SJ 40

SJ 40 Deplorable,Clinger

Good information,great pictures and thankfully it got resized so as to be useful. SJ 40

7. jw38

jw38

Many thanks!!! Great report with Pics. Even I can understand.

8. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

9. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member Silver Member

At first, I was amazed that they made parts that big!!!! :rofl::rofl: Thank goodness for re-sizing.... :whistling:

10. jb1911

jb1911

I ordered one of these, but they are on back order.