New 442, where do I put the magazine?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Price, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Price

Price

Been in the market for a pocket carry option. Today I picked up a new 442 for $429. I think I can figure out the magazine problem myself, but I am a complete newb to revolvers. I am looking for some suggestions on a pocket holster. Also, anything I might need to know in general about the 442 or carrying a reload options would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help.

2. thornesguns

thornesguns

for reload options there are speed loaders of diffrent kinds and then the speed strips. i prefer the speed strips. as for ammo look for good quality premium ammo. federal 135 grain +p is a proven load. hornadys new critical defense is also suposed to be realy good. anything from corbon is good also. I love the 442 it's a great gun. midway usa should have anything you may need, holster, speed loaders..everything. I use a cheap uncle mikes holster for pocket carry and it has always worked great. http://www.midwayusa.com/browse/Bro...d=4&categoryId=20727&categoryString=655***687***

http://www.midwayusa.com/browse/Bro...Id=3&categoryId=7509&categoryString=653***691***

http://www.midwayusa.com/browse/Bro...oryString=10611***694***12659***10772***15950***

3. ronin.45

ronin.45

I've found that the speedstrips are much more comfortable to carry in your pocket than speedloaders. If you don't want to carry your extra ammo in a pocket, I've taken to using a cell phone holster. One of the horizontal cell phone pouches will usuall hold two speedstrips or speedloaders. As for pocket holsters I like a leather rough-side-out holster.
    It may take a bit to get used to a revolver but they are great carry guns.

4. badr1

badr1

5. joecoastie

joecoastie

Look next to the base of the shoulder thing that goes up, you'll see the mag well right there. :supergrin:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  6. cmcinc

cmcinc

Desantis Nemisis and speedstrips for my 442.

7. Deaf Smith

Deaf Smith

Price,

The best 'magazine', or reload, for your 442 is ANOTHER 442.

Yes, you need a second Centennial. That way, with James Bond says, "That's a Smith & Wesson, you have had your five", you can give him a surprise.

Deaf

8. Ol Timer

Ol Timer ↓ hog hunter ↓ Millennium Member

Have both HKS speed loaders and Bianchi speed strips. Much prefer the speed strips. Load all six holes, never know when you might need the extra.

9. zackwatt

zackwatt That's a Bingo! Lifetime Member

I use this under my jacket:

Galco Speed Paddle

[​IMG]

10. rfd339

rfd339

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  11. Price

Price

Just wanted to say thanks for the help everyone. I picked up a desantis nemesis that the local shop had in stock, love it so far. It fits and carries great in all my jeans, plan on checking my shorts today. i also picked up an hks speedloader and bianchi strip. I'm not sure which one I like better yet but the strip carries much better. Either one that I go with I am going to need a lot of practice to get smooth and fast with it but I think I'll get there. Thanks again for the advice.

12. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

Revolvers don't take magazines. :tongueout: Get a Galco holster and just carry a speed loader loose in your pocket. Practice reloads at home. A tip to speed reloads up, tip the revolver up vertical when ejecting brass.

If you aren't doing a lot of walking, a pocket holster for J frame revolvers works good also.

13. yerscattergun

yerscattergun

Darn, beat me to it. :tongueout: :wavey:

14. H&K 4 LIFE

H&K 4 LIFE Leonum A Ignis

I carry a Speedstrip in my change pocket. It's the perfect place for it, only the little tab sticks above the rim of the pocket allowing for good concealment and speedy retrieval. :)

15. VT RAIDER

VT RAIDER

I use a Desantis Nemisis for my Ruger LCR... I have speed strips and speed loaders, but I prefer a New York reload...

I have seen some guys use an empty 35 mm film canister for spare ammo...

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010