close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New 32 - 7 jams!!!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by GlockVol, Mar 27, 2010.

1. GlockVol

GlockVol

300 rds today:

150 - Speer 125gr Lawman = 6 jams

150 - Fiocchi 124gr = 1

Just bought it 24 March - What in thee hell is up with that???

Not very Glock-like!!!

2. glocknbruce

glocknbruce

before i got banned from the Kingdom, i had a thread on my G32 experience...same as yours.....

it is a mag related issue......i spent about $500 trying to figure that out....

my advice...trade it for a G19

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1109684

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010

3. GlockVol

GlockVol

Mine came with the 13 rounders (and the test cartridges I might add) - I noticed that you ended up swapping for a new one - did you have to get the factory involved?

Anything to the break-in theory?

Incidentally - I agree with you on the ballistics of round.

4. glocknbruce

glocknbruce

my SECOND Glock 32 came with 13- rounders, ran okay for a while then started doing that same crap.....

i beleive it has something to do with the followers, make sure yours has the most current one....no i did not call glock..i wasnt going to send it back and forth 10 times with them telling me each time it was okay and spending more $$$$ proving them wrong...

i like the round but got so pissed about spending loads of money on the damn thing i traded for a glock 19....1000 rounds and totally flawless....

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  5. GlockVol

GlockVol

How many rounds did you put through your first one?

And different manufacturers?

Granted - it shouldn't matter, I have an old 17 I've had for 18 yrs and it eats everything.

6. jack76590

jack76590

Can you describe the jams? Especially were the rounds hung up on the ramp or was nose of bullet jammed against the inside/front of mag?

7. CynicX

CynicX

Failure to feed? Round nose diving into the feed ramp?

If so I had the same issue, I fixed in it 10 minutes with a Swiss army knife.

There are two bosses on the mags. Note the piece of plastic at the top of the mag.

[​IMG]

I found and so have others that the rounds would get a little wedge between those two plastic bosses. It would cause the rounds to rise in slow motion, way to slow for the action of the slide. The slide would then close and the round would be pushed in a downward motion.

I shaved those "bosses" off. And the gun as shot absolutely flawlessly since then.

Here is a link to a helpful thread if you havent see it already...

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1168900&highlight=failure+g32

Obviously make sure you are experiencing the same problem before cutting or shaving anything.

As far as trading it in for a G19 like some have mentioned. Screw that, if a company burned me with a defective product I'm not dumb enough to give them more of my hard earned money.

Seriously though, if you are having the same issue as I was it literally took me 5-10 minutes to fix it and the gun have cycled flawlessly since. Something I noticed I had a very difficult time cycling ammo by hand, once I "fixed" the mags it cycles by hand 100% and ANY speed.

Now my only problem with the gun is the slide catch will BARELY catch sometimes and me "slamming" a mag in will release the slide and chamber a round. I havent decided if this is a problem or not though... :)

8. jack76590

jack76590

Could you post picture with arrow(s) indicating where you trimmed. Thanks.

9. pilot5131

pilot5131

10. jack76590

jack76590

Interesting. Thanks. I had a G22 and G23 that jammed, esp if I let my grip loosen just a bit. Sold the G22 still have the G23. My jams were always with the bullet nose against front/inside of mag. Pull slide and release and round feed. I tried extra power mag springs and extra power recoil springs - did not fix.

Since 357 and 40 have the same body I wonder if I could have a similar problem.

Other interesting thing is my G27 works great with mags designed for it. Put in a G23 mag and jam city. So if could be the mags.

As you may have read quite a few PD had problems with their G22 and G23, esp when light mounted. I never mounted any lights.

Thanks again, I will have to check this out tomorrow. Late now as I write this.

11. GreyEclipse

GreyEclipse TheGreyEclipse

Block Perplexion...:whistling:

I mean Glock Perfection! :upeyes: lol.

Awesome guns but not completely perfect. :wavey:

12. greyeyezz

greyeyezz

Glockvol, load your mags halfway, push down on the first round and release quickly, let us know if the round hangs any at all.

13. Esco

Esco

Well I had about 10 jams with my G19 in the first 300 rounds. But after that, about 2000 more rounds later, not a single jam. i think that sometimes it needs a bit of a break in period, possibly with the guide rod or something.

14. mr smithglock

mr smithglock

this is hiliarious .. why did you get banned?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  15. redbaron007

redbaron007 Some Dude Lifetime Member

I had been on the fence in purchasing the G32 because of the recent threads. It appears most of the problem is connected to the magazine. I finally took the plunge and purchased one and got it last week. I inspected the followers, which are #2's, and haven't had any problems.

I've put about 150 rounds through it. So far so good; no issues but my aim. :supergrin:

16. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

Glock Inc. seems bent on ruining one model after another.
    :whistling:

17. Markasaurus

Markasaurus

You said the problem: FIOCCI ammo, i had 5 (FIVE) jams in 150 rounds in my 26 with Fiocci and posted it. (3 stove pipe, 1 failure to fire even with two primer strikes, and one failure to extract). All the other ammo i tried (PMC, remington, winchester, even some 13 year old independence brand i found in my garage) functioned without flaw.

And a bunch of people posted and said "well i have shot X thousand rounds of Fiocci with no problems, it must be your gun". I replied maybe so but i am not buying any more of that crappy fiocci ammo. And sure enough i have not had a jam since.
    Give your gun a few hundred rounds more to break in people might say, and i will say stay away from that damn fiocci unless it is free.

18. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

Markasaurus, you should probably go back and read the OP again. If anything, the Fiocchi ammo performed better than the Speer.

But I doubt ammo is the problem. GLOCK is doing some weird things with their mags.

19. sigpro-fessor

sigpro-fessor 5 Times A Day

Let's see... G32's acting up, G30's having FTRTB issues, G22' and 23's not running with lights attached.

Maybe Larry Vickers was right, Glocks run best in 9mm.

20. G33

G33 Frisky! CLM Millennium Member

Remington sent me a survey to fill out.
    Glocks did not even make the list.
    :rofl: