Glock Talk banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
My new 31 Gen4 shot excellently today...about a hundred rounds of 4 different reloads with nary a malfunction of any kind. The G4 texture felt great, my smallish hands appreciated the slightly smaller grip, the stock trigger is the best Glock trigger I've ever had, and it's accurate.

I'm thrilled. :supergrin:
First off...Congrats on your new purchase!

I was wondering since your following pics show a JPoint red dot on the slide have you considered buying an aftermarket slide from Caspian that has a place for the JPoint already milled in and lowered into the slide so you could use the rear sight notch on the JPoint with your existing front sight if your battery ever failed or something else went wrong with your mini red dot? I ask because I have a Nikko-Sterling on my G-35/357 Sig and that little sight has made that pistol amazingly accurate beyond any expectations I ever had before I mounted it on. It's mainly a range gun, but I would like to have back up iron sights if I ever had a failure of the primary sight. Unfourtunetly I'm broke right now or I would buy a milled slide and JPoint to replace my current setup.

Discussion starter · #22 · (Edited)
Skip, TYVM.

No, I've never considered a milled-low slide for the J-Point, and, in fact, the JP was on the gun only a few days. After those pics, I bought a Glock GTL 21 tac-lite/laser sight, and my avatar-pic now shows the current version of my 31 (and 32).

I wish Glock would let me trade in a few gen3 31s for gen4 31s. I have 10 sitting in the safe unused, well soon to be 8 since we are hiring two officers. But I think the gen4 grip would solve some issues with our, ummm' smaller statured officers.

I am PATIENTLY waiting for the gen4 32 to be released so I can buy it.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.